Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Urgent support needed: my sister has just v*

Guys I'm in bits. I'm staying with my family ATM... My sister has eaten normally all day. A few hours ago she said she had a bit of a tummy ache and felt off. She's just woken up and had d* and been a bit s*. I haven't really been in close contact with her today... We did have a bit of lunch together which we shared and had the same thing (for about 15 mins in a cafe). I've felt fine up until now but now I'm shaking and in a state with anxiety. My parents and little brother are fine.

I'm keeping myself out the way..

My sister has autism and other learning difficulties - she's on a lot of medication which she sometimes gets mixed up with and has had diarrhoea etc as a side effect from it. She also struggles with personal hygiene. She seems ok now - in good spirits and says she feels a little better.

I am PETRIFIED this is contagious. My mum doesn't reckon it is but I am in bits. Please help me, I can't sleep. I just want to cry.

To complicate matters I am recovering from a cold and a little chestys/wretchy anyway...
    and I'm due on my period and so am a bit crampy/bleary and my bowel movements are looser. So now I'm reading into all my symptoms xx

Default Re: Urgent support needed: my sister has just v*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFlo View Post
    So now I'm reading into all my symptoms xx
    I think you said it all right there!

Sharing the food with her before she v* WILL NOT make you sick even if it happens to be contagious. Remember it's only the actual infected v* or d* particles that can make you sick. If you were nowhere near her when she did that you'll be fine.

As for the anxiety, remember to slow down your breathing....short shallow breaths fuel your anxiety and can make you light headed and even more nauseaus! If possible get out of the house to distance yourself from it all.......big hugs!

Yeah I've been nowhere near the bathroom where it happened and nowhere near her (bless her she was saying sorry to me profusely as she knows about my phobia - I was in a worse state that she was!)... I'm extremely stressed it is a contagious bug... I can't leave the house easily as it's late... I really just want to get out though. I feel groggy because of my cold and PMT and now this anxiety is making me feel lousy. I really want to go to bed but I am far too scared I will wake up and v*...

Is it really true the person isn't normally contagious until after they have been s*? And is Noro season over? Please please I hope so x

Also thank you for replying. Means the world xx

Oh poor you! It's so terrible feeling anxious and longing for it to be over. It's true that you don't know what this even is. It's very likely NOT to be noro, especially if she hasn't continued to be ill. It could VERY well be her medication. Let's go with the worse case scenario though, that it IS noro. It's ONLY contagious AFTER the person has been ill. I am certain that she washed her hands after she had d*. Did she v* as well? Again, if it wasn't on or near you and she cleaned up afterwards, you're ok! Keep your hands washed, and spray down the bathroom to ease your anxiety if it helps with a spray bottle filled with part bleach/part water. Noro season IS over, though the bug is always around. It's very unlikely that's what she has. People get upset tummies for all sorts of reasons, even hormonal which may be playing into her problem.

Turn on a show you like or put on some relaxing music and go to sleep. A good night of rest will help you so much. Relax, you aren't going to wake up to v* - you are safe!!!

Thank you xx

I'm up still and she hasn't woken up to be ill again (that I know of). She was first sick three hours ago so I doubt it's Noro. My mum told me she's on antibiotics, the Pill and all sorts and regularly gets diarrhoea, which she had tonight. My dad who cleared up the sick said it was very little. Weirdly I saw her go into the bathroom just before and I asked her if she was ok and she said yeah - and then after I asked her what happened and she said she had d* and whilst she was on the toilet wretched a bit and v* a little (sorry for graphics). She washed her hands... I've been washing mine a few times too and avoided any surfaces she has touched. Not gone in the bathroom or her bedroom etc. So I've kept as much distance as possible.

I've watched a bit of TV and am now tucked up in bed just chilling... Still feel so afraid to sleep in case I wake up and v* x

Sleep well sweetie. x
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Thank you - I did in the end (I was so tired I had to give in to it). Not sure how my sister is as I don't think she's up yet.

I hate the phobia as you just never know when something like this will hit you. I wish I had a fear of flying then I could just avoid flying, plain and simple! Xx

Scrub all of that... She woke up and told me she was sick again a couple of hours ago plus diarrhoea. I'm in bits. Xx

Get out of the house today if you can. Is it sunny there? Being in the sunlight with a friend may help. Remember, you HAVE to ingest it to catch it (if it even is noro), so you are 100% safe. It's likely to be her medication making her ill, but no matter what, it's not dangerous and it can't get you! You ARE ok!!!!!

Thanks I'm going into town (it's not sunny but hey ho!)... We now think it is food poisoning as my sister, mum and me all had the same thing at lunch expect my sister had a brownie in the cafe that had been sat out on th counter all day. She said it tasted a bit too sickly at the time and within an hour of eating it had stomach ache. The v* and d* has stopped and she's hungry (and kept toast down). She says she feels better now. I hate how you can never know for sure what causes v* x

Oh good, sounds like it's over with! Remember that as long as she keeps her hands scrubbed you are safe and don't need to fear. Enjoy your day out!!!!