Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Should I go to the hospital? I'm scared...

Sorry for the long post and PLEASE read it and please don't laugh at me...

I just had a bowel movement.
    After doing so, about 15 minutes later, I had a snack (potato chips) and I took my meds. (Phenergan 25mg and Remeron 15mg for sleep)

I immediately got extremely nauseated and my stomach bloated. I know I took Phenergan and Remeron so I know (or hope) that this nausea is short lived. The problem is that the nausea calmed down, and then a scary pain shot through my entire large intestinal tract. It only lasted about 3 seconds, but it honestly caused me to panic while the pain happened. I literally thought something bad just happened to my intestine...

The pain stopped, but my nausea SLIGHTLY returned. It isn't severe, but it is enough to make me panic...

I vomited last week, but it wasn't from any virus...

I don't want to say it but I think I'm done worrying about nausea, pain, everything. This nausea is finally tipping me over the edge and I'm here with a knife. I'm not going to do it, but it really, really doesn't sound bad right now.

Default Re: Should I go to the hospital? I'm scared...

Is anybody here? I'm really freaking out here...

It isn't anxiety nausea... I'm anxious yes, but I'm scared about the pain. Every time a wave of pain comes over me, I honestly feel my brain telling me to do stupid things.

I just put broke 5 Phenergan pills and placed them under my tongue so I hope it helps. I'm almost brought to tears from both the waves of pain, which aren't as strong as the first one and are far between, and from this anxiety...
    I just don't want to live anymore. I'm so afraid of this nausea that I think I'll vomit if I start to cry so I'm not gonna do that.

I hope my mom comes to check in on me so i can go to the doctors.

The pills made me tired, but i'm still anxious...
    I just wish there was somebody to talk to... wish my mom would wake up.

I know it is early for the Americas but i wish somebody would reply...

The nausea itself is lowered, but the waves of nausea are now accompanied by acid burn... I took a ranitidine with my other pills, but I'm afraid that my stomach isn't gonna digest the stuff in my stomach, the pills, so I'll be stuck with the nausea...

How are you going now? Did you seriously take 5 MORE phenergan?

Im trying to get my head around exactly what sort of a pain you're feeling? Is it still happening? Please don't do anything silly, you can't let anxiety win!

The pain is in my intestine. It comes in waves... It's like, a burning/achy/pressure pain.

I did take 5 more promethazine, but they were under my tongue so I'm not sure if they are still that effective. I have a few more broken promethazine on stand by.

I am getting dizzy spells and I think I almost passed out. I hope my mom wakes up soon; I'm scared to stand up or move much.

And then I started to feel better; I thought I was fine...

Now the pain and nausea is returning...

Please somebody just help me...

Are you expelling any gas? Are you constipated? If the pain does get any worse I would definitely consult with a doctor.

Did you OD? Sorry but taking too many pills will do more harm to you than vomiting. Is vomiting worth dying for? You seem like you are a danger to yourself. I hope I am wrong and overreacting. Please get help. You had a recent post that was troubling too. LIFE IS WORTH LIVING.
    Last edited by Cynna; 05-17-2013 at 08:58 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

How are you feelings? I'm awake now and free to chat if you need it. It sounds like gas pains. Sometimes they can be so bad people think they're dying and go to the hospital. I've definitely had some like that. And I know exactly how you feel about wanting to self harm from the anxiety, but I promise it's not worth it and will just cause you more anxiety down the road. Call 1-800-273-8255 if you feel suicidal or wanting to hurt yourself again.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

I have slight stabbing pains in my intestine now, but the nausea is all but gone. My frenulum under my tongue is pretty much singed solid so I can't really lift my tongue. I had no problems going to the bathroom, so I am not so sure about the gas pains? I haven't been drinking much the last week, about 40 ounces in the last 5 days, but I'm never thirsty. I'm afraid to aggrevate my nausea so I probably won't change that soon.

How are you now? I say go wake up your Mom if you haven't talked to her already. That could possibly be gas pains but only you know how it feels- if you feel like something is seriously wrong it is always better to go to the hospital. And please don't hurt yourself hun. You can PM me if you want.

Can gas pain cause the amount of nausea I was in also? It felt like my intestines were about to rip...

As of now, I have to use the restroom, and I'm getting intestinal pains everytime my body reminds me that I have to go, but because I grew so nauseated last time, I really don't want to use the restroom. (Besides, I did go yesterday and there shouldn't be a reason to go again...)

What do you mean you went yesterday, there shouldn't be a reason to go again? I'm confused... Maybe you're constipated, and that's why you're feeling like this. You need to drink, you need to eat properly, and I don't think that taking more meds to make the nausea go away is the answer here, if that is the case, it's only going to make it worse. I agree with the poster who asked how old you are. Maybe call your parents if you're young enough, there are also services like "nurse-on-call" that you can telephone and see if they have any advice if you don't want to go to the ER.

Gas pains can be excruciating. They shouldn't be consistently that bad, but they can be.

I hope you feel better.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good lord.
    SoVerySorry, where you live, is phenergan OTC? I guess because it can make people pretty drowsy, it helps with sleep but if taken over a consistent amount of time -and by the tone of your thread, if it's your nighttime meds, it sounds like you take it every night. Was that something you talked to your doctor about? I am also confused why you think because you went to the bathroom the day before, you shouldnt go again?

I wonder if your body is actually constipated, constipation is a side effect of phenergan when used over a long period of time. I had a friend (an old member on here) who took phenergan and various other anti emetics a lot, and would feel the same way. And if you're taking that much phenergan in addition to what you take normally, that's just a recipe for disaster for your insides. Please, PLEASE talk to a doctor. This isn't healthy mentally and it's not healthy physically.

I agree with JadeNight! Talk to your doctor asap. If you are under 18, talk to your parents and tell them how you're feeling and that you need help!
    Nerd Girl just looking for Nerd Friends!

Oh the Phenergan are prescription... I usually go to the bathroom twice or 3 times a week so it was confusing that I needed to go again so I apologize for that confusion. My doctor said that I'm constipated (and I guess I've been since I was 17), but I don't have issues using the bathroom.

I originally was on anti-emetics cause my idiopathic nausea, but when the fear took over, I started to take them like they were candy.