Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help!! IBS or something else?

I have symptoms of IBS, but have never been diagnosed. Of course I have horrible anxiety that I'm sure causes a lot of my stomach issues. But for a few days I have been constipated, which I'm not used to. I usually have the other issue. So tonight I at a salad hoping it would help. Well.....now I'm up with watery **D. I have immediately started to panic and shake all over. What if its something else?? I don't really feel sick, but my stomach is making horrible noises and I'm afraid to leave the bathroom. Help I'm so scared and can't stop shaking.

Default Re: Help!! IBS or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by copper816 View Post
    I have symptoms of IBS, but have never been diagnosed. Of course I have horrible anxiety that I'm sure causes a lot of my stomach issues. But for a few days I have been constipated, which I'm not used to. I usually have the other issue. So tonight I at a salad hoping it would help. Well.....now I'm up with watery **D. I have immediately started to panic and shake all over. What if its something else?? I don't really feel sick, but my stomach is making horrible noises and I'm afraid to leave the bathroom. Help I'm so scared and can't stop shaking.
    Its is IBS and unfortunately water Diarreah is a symptom of the end of constipation. What you have to remember is that while you have been constipated for a few days, the processed food has to go somewhere, and that means that it has stayed behind the blockage you had. Your body is making noises because your brain is telling your bowels to contract quickly to remove the constipation which also causes Diarreah. You will be absolutely fine, however I recommend you do not take anything to stop the diarreah or you will get constipation again and be back to square one.

Default Re: Help!! IBS or something else?

I have had several episodes of watery *D. It's been about 2 hours now and I haven't gone anymore, but keep having episodes of a weird pain in my lower belly. Is this still a residual of the *D? I'm scared its going to hit again.