Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 101.5 degree fever, diarrhea, weakness, stomach pain.

I just had three bouts of diarrhea. I checked my temperature and it was 101.5 degrees (38.6 celcius.) I'm feeling extremely weak, dizzy, and lethargic. I have upper stomach pain and intestinal cramping, but no nausea. I took three activated charcoal capsules to stop the diarrhea, so I can't take any other medications for two more hours. I don't have any anti-emetics as I'm staying at my moms house tonight. The only thing I have is Benadryl (diphenhydramine.) I can't go to the store for any other medication or go to the kitchen to look for something to help because my mom is a really light sleeper and gets upset if I wake her. I'm really scared this is a virus. Is there anything I can do with the limited supplies I have to stop this?

I don't know what I could have picked up because I am constantly using norovirus killing hand sanitizer and I don't put my hands on my mouth, nose, or eyes. I'm scared and need help.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: 101.5 degree fever, diarrhea, weakness, stomach pain.

Hi jade

Try and keep yourself calm I know its easier said than done but the panic can make you feel alot worse. Chances are if you were going to be sick you would have been by now. I have had two diarrhoea bugs in past few years and neither time I was sick I had all the stomach cramps and felt nauseous but I wasnt. Try and take your mind off it read a book or watch some tv. Im so sorry your feeling like this I completely get it

Oh that sounds miserable well just rest assured it will be over soon. The thing with stomach viruses is they are usually short lived. Give it a day or so. Don't worry so much about not having antiemetics around. I know that is easier said then done but the only way to truly challenge your emet is to not rely on them. You will get through it. The good thing is, there is no nausea. So the chance you will be sick is probably low as I would think if you were you would be feeling it by now. Hang in there, keep yourself hydrated and try and stay as calm as possible.

This is obviously not an absolute but in my experience whenever I've had noro the v* ALWAYS came first, then the d*. Chances are it could be some kind of a mild bug but nothing a severe as noro. And just to clarify hand sanitizers don't kill noro bugs because the hand sanitizers are antiBACTERIAL and noro virus is a virus so they don't do anything.....I'm seriously only emphasizing this so that you're not under some false hope that you can't catch noro because you've sanitized your hands. Wash, wash, wash with soap, and water...that's the only defense you have.
    i hope you're feeling better and hang in there...it WILL END!

Ps I've also never had a fever with noro???

I've still had a temperature today and fatigue but no diarrhea. Just cramping and weird stomach noises.
    I use Zylast sanitizer which was formulated to kill noro, but I am still a constant washer!
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

If anything, it sounds like it could be a mild flu (influenza) bug what with the fever, body aches and lethargy. If you aren't n and haven't been sick yet, i strongly doubt you will.
    Rest, rest, rest and gets lots of fluids so you don't dehydrate between the d and fever. Feel better
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Hey jade,

so sorry that you're not feeling well! I hope you're feeling much better by now.

I thought I'd let you know...according to stopthestomachflu.com zylast only killed about 73% of noro in testing while clorox hand spray killed something like 93%.

Are you feeling any better, Jade? Does your mom know about your phobia?

Susan