Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My dad has just come home from work and says he has a stomach ache. e knows I dont like it when he gets ill so he might be hiding the fact he feels sick. He might not though. Also I havent had anything to eat yet, should I have food prepared by him or just make my own food? I would normally go tomy mums house but she is out all night so if the worst should happen I'l be stuck here! I ahte this so much. I think i'm going to stay on here all night locked in my room![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Well, you never know. He might have a stomachache from stress or anxiety. Doesn't automatically mean he's going to vomit or has a stomach flu! I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

I've deicided that I'm just going to forget all about it. I asked him if he is feeling better and he said he was, he thinks it was something wrong with the soup he had on monday. glad I didnt have any!! I think if it was a virus he'd probably have other symptoms aswell. hmmmm emet is great

Quote Originally Posted by izzybee
    I've deicided that I'm just going to forget all about it. I asked him if he is feeling better and he said he was, he thinks it was something wrong with the soup he had on monday. glad I didnt have any!! I think if it was a virus he'd probably have other symptoms aswell. hmmmm emet is great

i'm glad your dad is feeling better.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I didnt eat my dinner. I had a major panic and thaught I might v*. I hate this so much!

I didnt eat my dinner. I had a major panic and thaught I might v*. I hate this so much!

i'll be praying for ya'll. like someone said before he may have been stressed & that can cause some people to have a stomach ache.
    ♥Stephanie

hmmm i need to eat something. I'm not sure what i'm worrying about now. Maybe i'm just worried that i'l get the same thing as my dad, but i'm not conciouslythinking about it. who knows.I'm going to try and eat something soon

The best way (i find) is to get something like crisps or popcorn anything like that, even a plate of fruit. The sit yourself in front of the pc or a film, at first you will consious, but eventually you will eat and not notice you have eaten, i do that on days where i think i cant eat, i just try and stop paying attention.

hope everything goes ok
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i always eat a piece of dry bread wen i get stressed about food...it lines the stomach and is easy to eat...crisps are good too

I might have some crackers, they wont be too bad I guess, I'l eat them while watching tv too! Thanx for the tip. I dont think I could perposefully go and eat something rite now

I do that too hippychick! lol or read while I eat. Anyhow Izzy I think you andyour edad will be OK, he seems better now right? And hasn't gotten sick? Hope you both feel better![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

yeh he;s fine I think it was just the stress of stuff. I've had some crackers and hopefully am ok now! Dont think i'l go to bed too early though, just incase!!

Good to hear you're both better. Stress and anxiety can definetly make
    your stomach feel like crap. Most of the time I get a stomach ache I
    notice that I'm all tense and panicky, my shoulders are up to my ears.

Must..learn..to..relax...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Edited by: calx

stress can make my stomach hurt sometimes. it can even make people get ibs. so when i'm stressed usually that acts up.
    ♥Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by calx
    Good to hear you're both better. Stress and anxiety can definetly make your stomach feel like crap. Most of the time I get a stomach ache I notice that I'm all tense and panicky, my shoulders are up to my ears.

Must..learn..to..relax...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yeah!! Glad to hear everything is better now Izzy!!

Josh, I am the same way about the shoullders!! I don't even notice it at first!!

And then I get all nauseated and my stomach hurts, lots of the same symptoms a lot of you described!! It's tough!! And learning to relax isn't easy, especially when you are so stressed out, but I think if you work at it, slowly, you will get better at it!! Practice makes perfect right? And we have to remember to fake it till you make it! (Where in the world am I pulling out all these phrases?) [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

wow my sholders get like that too when i'm stressed and also when I exercise too much. My dad is fine! I dontworry too much when I get problemswith my stomach, i have IBS as an excuse, but when other people do, especially men i just to conclusions. anyway thanx for all your help! I've very hungry today after missing my meal! Oh well. I slept through the night aswell which is good. Anyway thanx again!

wow my sholders get like that too when i'm stressed and also when I exercise too much. My dad is fine! I dontworry too much when I get problemswith my stomach, i have IBS as an excuse, but when other people do, especially men i just to conclusions. anyway thanx for all your help! I've very hungry today after missing my meal! Oh well. I slept through the night aswell which is good. Anyway thanx again!

i'm glad to hear that your dad is fine & your ok too. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

Thanx for all your help everyone!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

you're welcome

♥Stephanie