Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Strange symptoms, I hope someone is awake right now...

So, I posted about being sick last night with a fever and diarrhea but no v*. I think I may have a mild diarrhea bug, but tonight I started having this strange feeling. It started out as a lump in my throat. Then it started to feel like food was coming up my throat. (I have acid reflux, but in the fives years I have been diagnosed with it I have never had this symptom.) i haven't eaten anything but toast today and that was almost twelve hours ago, so I'm sure that's not what is in my throat. I've taken Dramamine tonight but it doesn't feel like a stuck pill and the feeling came a few hours before the throat feeling. Then the strangest symptom is whatever this is is making me swallow involuntary. I don't even realize it's going to happen, it just does it on its own. Has anyone else had this symptom? Also, I nearly gagged when taking a sip of my Gatorade. Have a slight pain in the middle of my stomach between my ribs, and a "butterflies in your tummy" feeling.

Before i v* I usually get this weird feeling like a head rush and shooting of adrenaline going down my body, if that makes sense, and I keep getting those in waves, it's starting to happen again. I'm so I'm scared I'm going to v*. Can anyone help, please?

Also, my vision got fuzzy and I saw double a couple of times. I feel very weak, fatigued and my body is aching.

Not pregnant or due for a period, by the way.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Strange symptoms, I hope someone is awake right now...

I had that symptom with my last case of regular flu. I felt like I had a big rock or sponge in my throat and very little could get past it. It sounds to me like you have the regular flu. I hope you feel better soon. I can only suggest hot drinks or numbing sprays. I got rid of it with a big dose of hot sauce, but since you have reflux, that may not be an option for you. *hugs*

I'm just scared of these jolts like an electric current going though my body. It just doesn't seem right. I've only ever had this feeling before I v* Starting to get throat nausea too.

I get that all the time with my anxiety its like the sensation your about to v but you dont. I also get it when my acid is bad but not when its reflux just when its too much acid in my tummy. Try distract yourself and if you can stomach it try and eat something or have some soup. Try and sip water also so your not dehydrated

How are you feeling now hun?

I made it through the night. I took so much Dramamine that I started having mild hallucinations. I didn't know how else to deal with it. I still have the lump in my throat, and a sore tummy, but no more of that weird feeling through my body. I do feel extremely depersonalized right now. Like I'm dreaming or dead and a spirit walking the earth. It's a horrible feeling. I've had antacids and tea to see if it helps the lump go away and it won't, My anxiety meds have stopped working for me.

Well the depersonalization could be due to the excess of Dramamine you took, or due to high levels of anxiety.
    That's awful that your meds have stopped working What do you take, if you don't mind me asking?

I take Klonopin. The body rush feelings and involuntary swallowing came back though and I've been dealing with it for hours again. I'm getting really worried that something is wrong because I have never felt like this. The brain zap/adrenaline rush thing is just awful. Good news is I got my Zofran refilled today.

The body rush feeling could very well be anxiety. But if you feel something is wrong maybe you should go to the doctor. And yay for Zofran! that's a spark of good news.

Are you on any anti-depressents? Alot of what your describing sounds like side effects from SSRI'S and if it's not that, it's also sounds alot like anxiety.. I've seen plenty of people with anxiety have these symptoms.

How are you feeling now? I hope you're doing better