Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Kinda OT. Freaking out. 18+ only please

I'm not exactly how to put this delicately, but me and my boyfriend of 8 months were... Together today. And we used a condom but I am still FREAKING out. I do NOT want to get pregnant. Not because I don't want kids, I do. Just not now, and partly because of my emet. My last period started the 9th. The condom didn't break or spill. But I guess because of my emetophobia I am super super freaked out by even the smallest chance of getting pregnant (yeah, I know. Why do it right?). So, first question, should I take Plan B? I've heard from a LOT of my friends that it makes you v* and I can't deal with that. Has anyone on here every tried it? And second question, I want to get on birth control, but I heard THAT makes you v* too! I was home schooled my whole life (I'm 19) and my mom never told me about birth control or condoms so honestly, I don't know a lot at all. I just so so soooo don't want to get pregnant yet. Please help. I have no idea what to do.... I'm shaking and I can't calm down

Default Re: Kinda OT. Freaking out. 18+ only please

Plan B made my best friend v when she took it. Plan B is a hugeeee dose of hormones. If you used a condom and it didn't break or spill you shouldn't worry. My husband and I have been using them for 4 years (sometimes with the pill and sometimes without) and I still haven't been pregmant. Not all birth control pills will make you feel sick. Ask for something low dose to start. Just talk to your doc about it amd tell him about yoyr phobia. I take a high dose due to extremely heavy breakthrough bleeding and I was still only mildly nauseated. Nothing a little pepto or zofran didn't knock out completely.

Hey there, I never took plan B but the friends of mine who have said it made their periods come early. None of them felt nauseas or v'd. I was on birth control and found out I'm sensitive to hormones, meaning it made me a mental basket case. Birth control didn't make me v* nor did it make me nauseas. It's different for everyone, but in my experience, even being hormone sensitive I didn't get nauseas. Condoms are your best bet. Condoms are effective with no side effects, if you find you don't like using them, there are other hormone free options. I think you're probably fine hope this helped.

Honestly unless you didn't wear a condom or it got damaged during your hanky panky I would not get the Plan B. Save yourself the anxiety and money. You won't get pregnant.

Thank you all so much. My poor guy was up till 4 in the morning trying to calm me down lol. I found something called Paraguard IUD. It's a no hormone birth control but it's supposed to help with acne and cramps too so I think I'm gonna look into that or ask my doctor about something else. Once again, thank you! ***HUGS***

Quote Originally Posted by WoofGirl View Post
    Thank you all so much. My poor guy was up till 4 in the morning trying to calm me down lol. I found something called Paraguard IUD. It's a no hormone birth control but it's supposed to help with acne and cramps too so I think I'm gonna look into that or ask my doctor about something else. Once again, thank you! ***HUGS***
    Just a heads up with this one. Some OB/GYNs may be unwilling to insert one if you've never had a baby due to the higher rate of expulsion in women who have never given birth. Just make sure you're loaded up with info before you go in (which is always a good idea anyway). Best of luck to you. You're making a smart decision (to be more careful).

Just for future reference, I've taken Plan B multiple times and have never even felt nauseated with it. In case you ever need to take it, remember that it will cause less nausea than pregnancy would.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If the condom didn't break I wouldn't put yourself through going and getting Plan B. Not that it's awful, I've taken it and it didn't do anything to me at all.. no n* or v*.. it's just bloody expensive! I paid nearly $60.00 for it !