Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Naseous.. Anxiety? PMS??

Every time I am "naseous" now i always think of that post about anxiety vs actually being naseous. I cant tell the difference between the two.. So when I think im naseous I just get more anxious. Im pretty sure im naseous tho today.. I am due to get my monthly any day now and stopped taking the pill a couple months ago after 10 years of taking it. So my body is still adjusting to having a "normal" period.. So im curious.. Is me being naseous associated with my PMS, anxiety, or am I getting sick? I just dont want to work myself up. I havent taken klonopin in 5 days and since its my first thought when I have anxiety im in need of some support from people who understand how much being naseous scares me anything!!!

Default Re: Naseous.. Anxiety? PMS??

Hi, It is definitely more than likely that the nausea is caused by PMS/your body adjusting to not being on the pill anymore after so many years. When I first started my periods I got extreme nausea ALL the time, but it was due to all the new and changing hormones, my body soon adjusted and got much more used to them and the nausea stopped. I would imagine this is the same for you, hormones wreaking havoc on your system. They are horrible, horrible things. Your anxiety is adding to it as well making it worse than it is. Maybe take a nice warm bath to try and relax you, I find that always helps me.

If you were getting sick, you'd KNOW. Stomach bugs cause a whole new level of nausea and everyone I know that has has one said that it started with extreme stomach pains, like could not move stomach pains. You're fine, just the joys of being a woman I am afraid.
    Last edited by Miss_Pink24; 05-23-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Default Re: Naseous.. Anxiety? PMS??

Thank you so much miss pink! You gave me great reassurance!! I had a feeling it was the hormones.. it always makes me feel so much better when I get responses. Thank you again