Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Friend is ill...

Hello everyone,
    Today I messaged my friend, and he told me he had a low grade fever and had v*d once this morning and felt like v*ing again.
    Now, every Friday my boyfriend and I go to this friend's house to play Pokemon cards (Yes, we're geeky :P) and tomorrow we would have been going over.
    Obviously we're not now, and I don't think I can go next week either.
    I told him I probably won't be over for a month because I'm really germaphobic. He doesn't know about my emet and I don't feel like telling him, lol.
    But he lives in his own room away from the house so it only has one bathroom and I feel that germs will be everywhere...
    In reality, how long should I wait to go over for it to be safe?

Default Re: Friend is ill...

Realistically, if you keep your hands clean and away from your face, you could probably go over there today and not catch anything. Probably wait a few days, then you should be safe
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just miss this friday and go next week. I went to my friends the day after she had an sv and it was still in the house coz he sin caught it a few days after. I just made sure i kept up my hygiene and kept my hands from my face and i was fine. I think all the family had it apart from me.

Oh my gawd Pokemon! Those were the jam back in the day.

You can go and be extra cautious, because he may not be contagious, or do as Asil suggest and wait a week. Some emets wait up to two weeks, but that's a tad extreme; because the reality is, it's out in our world no matter what so we may expose ourselves multiple times and not be aware of that.
    Life is so worth living.

Thanks guys, I'll probably just go next week. Me and my boyfriend both look forward to it, and I hate to be a fun spoiler.

I'm still into Pokemon! but Yeah, I'd give it around a week or two maximum assuming it is noro. If it is just a stomach bug then just give it a few days.

itsJoe, do you play the card game or video game?

Yeah I will most likely go next week and be extra careful.

Thanks for all the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by staystrongxx View Post
    itsJoe, do you play the card game or video game?

Yeah I will most likely go next week and be extra careful.

Thanks for all the replies guys
    Video Games, I've still got cards but I'm much more into the games haha! What about you?

Do what you have to do to go over and have fun. Now that you've told him that you are germaphobic ask if you can come a tad early to spray. You could take a bottle of bleach/water and spray the bathroom down, kitchen, etc. Only if you are going to regret going over after getting home next week. Truth be told, I am sure that you'll be fine no matter what!