Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So stupid... I drank to much :(

I know i'm really stupid but I drank to much alcohol tonight and I really thought I was going to be sick a few times (although this could also just have been anxiety) but now i'm lying awake feeling really sick and i'm terrified I'm drinking lots of water and I had an anti-emetic, is there anything else I can do? It's my best friends 18th birthday party on Sunday so I have to feel better and not let it stop me from going to that Anyone there?
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Default Re: So stupid... I drank to much :(

There isNt much else to do at this point but to wait t out. Hopefully th anti emetic will help you. Don't lay down right away I can tell you that much. I hope this passes soon, it's a terrible feeling

Thank you for the reply! I'm feeling a little better, I just ate a pancake to try and get some food in my stomach. I've drank more than this before and was fine, my anxiety is probably just blowing everything out of proportion isn't it?
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Could be that and depending on how much and why kinds of foods you had pre drinking. Absorbency has a big deal to do with it. Hope you are better soon. You seem to be on the way!

Hey Hun
    Wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but it sounds like you are doing everything right. Very smart to be downing the water and the anti-emetic will definitely help. Can you try leaning back on the couch and watching a movie or show to help take your mind off of things?
    I would think if you've drank more and been fine, there's no reason to expect this to be different. Of course, it also depends on what you drank, how quickly you drank it, did you have any food before and things like that.
    Hang in there-will be sending you positive thoughts!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Is taking an anti emetic when drinking a good thing? If someone was drunk enough, then getting the drink out of their body could save their life. Not a doc though.

Sounds like Jessica not that drunk since her post is coherent, but are antiemetics a bad idea in general when drinking?
    Last edited by Cynna; 05-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

If someone is coherent then I don't think it would hurt. If the person is passed out and/or vomiting uncontrollably and cold then they need emergency medical treatment. Sounds like she just overdid it and felt very sick.
    Life is so worth living.