Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation really really really really scared help please

I'm so freaked out please help. I just started my period today and I had cramps earlier, nothing unusual, but then after dinner, the cramps turned into an actual stomach ache and I felt really, really sick, and I just had d* (a lot of it) and I don't want to v*, I'm so scared. Is it normal to have d* when you have your period??? At this point it doesn't even feel like cramps, it's just a flat out stomach ache, like it's above my belly button and everything. Please someone help me I don't know what to do, I'm in such a panic right now, I really really don't want to throw up, I feel like I have fp* or something, help

Default Re: really really really really scared help please

TOTALLY normal. It stinks, but cramps can hurt and can cause d*. I always have at least 1 day of that. There are pills that you can buy at the drug store that really do help to relieve these symptoms. You are going to be ok. Get a heating pad or hot water bottle and take it easy. You'll be ok! It's no fun, but will be over soon!

wow you have no idea how much this response made me feel better!! but i'm still so freaked out, i've never had this before

wait it's like continuous d*, i don't think it's from my period....i'm FREAKING OUT

I hope you are feeling better.. I always have to use the bathroom
    a lot in that aspect when im getting or on my period. And my whole body just acts weird. I get stomach aches and feel nauseous along with dizzy sometimes. Plus my anxiety just seems to be worse on my period or during PMS. Again hope you feel better and im sure you didnt V* 😉!

Hope you're feeling better today! I also get continual d* and I also have to pee a lot when I have my period! It can honestly be miserable. Hoping that the new day brought you relief!

It's normal for some depending on the extent of your cramps, as anything that causes your lower bowels to go loco can cause that.
    Take care of yourself today
    Life is so worth living.

This type of panicking happens to me all the time, its good to know someone understands :-(

I get all kinds of weird bowel things going on when I'm on my period, especially the first day.
    How are you feeling now?

I have loose bowels, sometimes multiple times when I have my cycles. It happens to a lot of women. Don't worry about it.

I have a stomachache right now from my period too, and Im
    On my fourth day! Hope you're feeling better! I feel your pain

thank you everyone!!! the pain eventually went away thank god, I was really scared, especially since that's never really happened to me before

Glad you're feeling better. Everything you described is pretty normal for some...including me! Took me ages to work out how much nausea ovulation and my period was causing me every month and then the d* as well! Unfortunately it's yet another 'wonderful' side effect of being a woman and really doesn't help when you have emet!!!!

Glad you're feeling better! D* always comes with my one really annoying, bad day of cramps during my period. How lovely and helpful when you already have sharp pain in your stomach. *snort*
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Not only can periods cause d*, but nervousness can make it 10x worse. Freaking out puts me on the fast track to worsening cramps, d* and nausea. The brain/bowel connection is stronger than most people realize, especially if you have something like IBS or inflammatory bowel disease.

Imodium (loperamide) is a lifesaver. Do what you must to stay calm and remind yourself it's all related to your period.
    Last edited by Aspie Grrrl; 05-30-2013 at 04:02 AM.