Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Periods :/

Default Periods :/

My periods are always irregular, but this one in particular was very late. For the past few days I've had cramps but not bled and have felt faint and a little n*. I have started some medication this week that can cause stomach problems and I have also had some bad reflux. So today I came on my period, finally. But tonight I am feeling quite n* all of a sudden. I've eaten normally... I am under stress for various reasons I won't bother going in to. I think I know the n* is down to a combination of these things but as per usual I'm getting very anxious sat here in my room :/ I guess I just need a bit of reassurance... I feel so silly having these 'scares' so often. Anyway, can periods cause nausea because of hormone imbalances?

Default Re: Periods :/

Now I've had a bit of d* is that normal with periods? I'm going screwy as I was around my sister a week and a half ago who was sick - we think it was FP but now I'm getting scared :/

I feel sick and faint around the time of my periods too and i always think i am ill and cant convince my mind otherwise :-( i keep getting panic attacks and am trying to stay calm from a panic attack right now actually :-/ i hate it nobody understands how scary sick is to us

That sounds awful, but completely normal with a period! I get bowel issues and n* sometimes as well, you'll be fine

Thanks for your replies - I feel much better today. I think I might go and see the doctor about my periods as they always irregular and make me feel quite unwell - nausea, dizziness/feeling faint, bowel problems. Some women may have the odd one or two like that but I'm feeling washed out every time. Now I'm worried I have some sort of condition or illness :/ could be anemia?

emetophobia org is wonderful There's always all of the ideal info in the ideas of my fingers Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Not sure how it's done in the UK, but in the US my GP referred me to an OB/GYN, who started me on the pill. Your GP can do a blood test for anemia. I have been tested for anemia numerous times. I am currently on B12 shots, though they were just a little low. Same with taking vitamin D, but we had just come out of winter, so it was a obviously a little low for that reason.

I had horrific cycles. Mine weren't irregular. They came right on time always, but were miserable. I was in so much pain I could not move for days. I would get nauseous from the pain, and would clot. The loss of blood did make me feel dizzy/faint. I wouldn't get diarrhea, but my bowels would be loose. It would empty my bowels often. I would get cramps throughout the month at random as well. My BMs would be painful at times also. Since I started with relationships, the problems have increased and my OB/GYN believes I now have probable endometriosis. Can't know 100% unless I have a laproscopy and I'm holding on the surgery as it will put me out for about a week. Though the surgery would likely relieve a lot of my pain.

It could just be bad cycles and if it was more, your doctors can help you figure that out.

You poor thing - sounds miserable but at least you're getting somewhere now. I think people underestimate just how bad periods can interefere with daily life. Right now I feel so bloated and exhuasted. Men don't know they are born! My main concern is that this is something to do with my fertility, not that the symptoms suggest as much as the irregularity of my periods and the long cycles. I'm going to book a docs appointment this week and just tell him what's going on and see what he recommends. He probably will refer me to OBS/GYN. I did have an ultrasound of my ovaries three and a half years ago but they didn't find anything. They thought I had dismenorrhea (no idea how you spell it haha) but that's more associated with adverse pain than other symptoms and irregularity. Maybe I'm just unlucky with periods :/ did you have anemia then? What were your symptoms?

Yes. I get nausea and diarrhea with every single period, not to mention horrible intestinal cramps. My hands and feet used to go numb and I'd faint when I was a teen, luckily that's stopped. (I'm on the long path to being diagnosed with endometriosis, which is fairly common and makes periods abnormally awful for some women).

Lots of things can trigger nausea during periods, including hormone fluctuation, nerves/anxiety, uterine contractions and inflammation. For me, the nausea is linked to the cramping and is made worse by physical activity, eating and stress. I routinely take 30+ ibuprofens on the first day of my period and still suffer immensely.

Things I've found helpful include ginger root, a heating pad, marijuana (best anti-emetic around) and bed rest.