Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety attack likely...

Sorry for posting a bunch lately but I know I'm gonna have an anxiety attack later... my sleep was messed up and I started to stay up for an extra 2 hours a day to fix it. Last time I did this, I made a post here and I was very suicidal from the nausea.

Any tips now? I'm slightly nauseated; like a heavy stomach. When I try and sleep, i know the nausea is gonna make me think about that stuff again and my mental threshold is deteriorating quickly and I don't think I'll make myself stop from suicide this time. I rather fight the anxiety attack before it happens. I'll probably take 3 promethazine pills now and another 2 in an hour to fight any nausea... that way I can have the sound of mind that I will not vomit.

Can somebody help me? Deep breathing or slow breathing makes me anxious cause I breath like that when I have a SV.

Default Re: Anxiety attack likely...

I said the last part wrong. I mean, when I try to breath slow, it reminds me of the times when I was younger. I would slowly breath to try and hold back vomiting.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much!! The one thing I will say, is that you seem to be talking yourself into an anxiety attack (saying you WILL have one later).. It seems like it almost is dooming you to having one.. does that make sense? That being said, I SO understand how hard it is not to do that. Can you do something to distract? I know something that has been surprisingly helpful with my anxiety is working out in some way. Because it releases all those feel good hormones, it really lowers my anxiety. I have done this when I'm suffering from high anxiety before a trip, and it's amazed me how much better I feel for hours afterwards.

For the nausea- I take peppermint altoids, those things are lifesavers for me!

And the final thing, if you feel like you will be in serious danger of committing suicide tonight, please please PLEASE call someone near you to come stay with you, or a local hospital or helpline if you don't have a close friend or family member nearby!

*hugs* I hope that this fear winds up being unfounded, and that you manage to sleep tonight!

Thank you for the support, I really REALLY appreciate it. Yea it does seem like I'm setting myself up for disaster but it's hard ya know? Everytime this happened, my sleep, I had major nausea. I don't drink much and I'm most definetely dehydrated. 40fl oz a day isn't enough but I don't want to prod my mother for the ER.

I know you said you only drink 40 oz a day, and that means you are dehydrated, and dehydration can cause nausea, amongst other problems, so really try to drink like double that a day if you can...I guarantee you will feel so much better if you do, all around. Also, please ask your mother to take you to the er. They can help you both if you ate dehydrated and suicidal. That's nothing to full around with. I wish you the best and you will be ok, just keep telling yourself that. And please do get some help too!