Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up I'm determined to have more triumphs that I can share on this board!

... and hope to see them from others too, because life really is too short for each of us to have ours destroyed by fear.

So! I'm going to try harder than before, with what remains of this year, not to let this phobia stop me from anything I need or want to do.

WHO'S WITH ME???

*gets ten tons of Gatorade to dump on every emetophobia champion's head*
    Last edited by sunnyskies; 05-29-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Default Re: I'm determined to have more triumphs that I can share on this board!

I'm so with you! I've been trying SO hard these past weeks to do everything in my power to make small improvements and i really have! You just have to dare to take the step to start challenging yourself. THAT step, the one that brings you into your "therapy" is probably scarier than the therapy itself. I'm graduating in exactly a week which will be EXTREMLY anxiety triggering for me but i have decided that i am going to drink and have fun! I haven't had alcohol in over 3 years, and i'm done watching all my friends have fun without me, i want to join them so now i'm going to! Yaaay for challenging yourself and facing your fears!!

Default Re: I'm determined to have more triumphs that I can share on this board!

Yay!

Agree completely! It's just so important to make the first baby step into really trying.. you just have to start. We have to stop, uh, stopping ourselves from progress. Shooting ourselves in the foot and standing in our own way by not even making an effort.

I'm sick of myself being that way and I know only I can change it, but I have to try of course! Congrats!!! & good luck with your graduation! Have fun celebrating with your friends! You deserve it!!
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."