Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default As a kid, did it seem that nobody really got sv's to you?

Like... in school and generally? do remember family getting it but i mean out of your friends or class in school it would be mostly colds or something minor which caused n*. I think as a kid I can remember it just felt so terrible to feel n* also, anyone remember that?maybe im wierd its my observation tho!
    thoughts appreciated!

Default Re: As a kid, did it seem that nobody really got sv's to you?

I remember a girl v* in my class in 4th grade and I occasionally got a sv*, so I know that I caught it somewhere , I think that the difference now is that there are so many ways to find out who has what. Facebook, texting, tweets, etc., everyone knows everyone's business and what's worse is that everyone likes to be so dramatic about everything! This year was the superbug (really, just norovirus) and people felt the need to update their statuses on facebook about how very, very sick their whole family was with details of times v*, hours it lasted and how pathetic each family member was while it was happening. When I was a kid people took pride in being able to handle situations without much halabaloo, but now everyone is so dramatic and for those with phobias, it's bad news! I honestly don't think that the sicknesses are any different, I think it's the people who've changed.

Default Re: As a kid, did it seem that nobody really got sv's to you?

I was sick fairly often with a number of different things as a child, so it actually seems to me like people are healthier. However, y'all are right. Back in the day, people did not feel the need to share every minute detail of their illness. Yeah, you v and you feel like crap. What is there really to say? What gets me is that some people even photograph themselves getting sick and posting it on Facebook. Why in the world would anyone emet or not want to see that? Yuck! Too much oversharing goes on these days!