Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Relieving nausea?

Hey guys! I hope you're all doing ok!
    I think my acid reflux is acting up. I have a lot of events and stuff coming up and i think i'm nervous about it = stressed = aciiiiiiiiid! My stomach has been a bit "worried" all day, not enough to make me suspicious but i still notice it. I've had my appetite (and have also eaten like SHIT today, like just crisps and soda! so good for the acid reflux ) so i have been eating. Towards the afternoon and up until now (1 am. My sleeping schedule is a bit weird haha) i've been feeling kind of ill, especially when i stand. I don't know if it's mostly imagination because i feel as though it gets worse when i'm actually going out somewhere, not just walking around in my house. And, like many emets, i'm more scared of v* outside of my home than in it. I don't feel like i'm actually going to v*, i think. If that's what it is than i am incredibly calm despite of it, i don't feel anxious at all, just generally annoyed and bothered by the nausea. I suspect i'm sensitive to gluten as well and i had some bread today. Anyway, i've had one of those anti acid pills (my last one) but i didn't feel like it made much difference. Do you guys have any advice on how to get some relief from all of this? I'm not sure if it's actually acid reflux because i've really not been treating my stomach well today (living on the wild side ) which means it might just be in a generally bad condition from all the unhealthy things i've been eating. I still have my appetite and i'm eating some mashed potatoes now, which made it a bit better but it's not good yet. Do you have any tips or advice??
    Thank you!!!
    Edit: I don't have any kind on medication that could help me like anti emetics or something. Nothing like that!
    Last edited by chixy; 05-29-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Relieving nausea?

Hi,,,I am recently struggling with more reflux symptoms that I never had before. I am getting very worried about it too. Mostly I get a sore throat, gross taste in my mouth, and on and off n*. I'm going to have another endoscopy soon to ease my mind. Sorry I don't have much advice...the only things I am trying (natural stuff, because I don't want to take the meds) are papaya supplements after dinner, and recently, DGL, which is deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Papaya is supposed to help digest food, and dgl is supposed to help heal the lining of the digestive tract. You can always see a GI doc as well...can't fool around with this because it can lead to cancer. Take care!

Default Re: Relieving nausea?

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Hi,,,I am recently struggling with more reflux symptoms that I never had before. I am getting very worried about it too. Mostly I get a sore throat, gross taste in my mouth, and on and off n*. I'm going to have another endoscopy soon to ease my mind. Sorry I don't have much advice...the only things I am trying (natural stuff, because I don't want to take the meds) are papaya supplements after dinner, and recently, DGL, which is deglycyrrhizinated licorice. Papaya is supposed to help digest food, and dgl is supposed to help heal the lining of the digestive tract. You can always see a GI doc as well...can't fool around with this because it can lead to cancer. Take care!
    I get kind of a sour taste in my mouth as well. I'm not that anxious though and i really don't know why i'm not, i know i usually would be. There have been some moments during the day now that i've had small peaks of anxiety like if the nausea temporarily gets worse or if the sour taste comes back, i get that nervous butterfly feeling and my heart starts beating really fast and i'm like "oh god oh god i'm really going to v*" but i've managed to calm myself down before the nausea has gone down again! I feel really proud of myself for that, i feel like i have gained some control over the irrational thinking. Most doctors just tell me to quit smoking and i know that's not the problem (i sound like i'm in denial but i actually did quit once for a right long time and it didn't change anything) so i just can't bother to ask them about it : (