Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Every night same anxities!!!! Help!

Had a great night tonight.. Went out w my boyfriend and had fun! I had 1 liqour drink and 2/3 of a beer.. Im feeling good! But now since its almost time for bed im getting anxious thinking for some reason I am going to V*.. Its almost as if I obsess about it before bed. Despite the fact I have no symptoms I still talk myself into panic. Why do I have to be so scared of V*??? Its a natural thing that happens to everyone!!!! Its so frustrating... I wish I didnt have anxiety over getting sick and obsessing over it! Advice please

Default Re: Every night same anxities!!!! Help!

I make myself so crazy about throwing up.. (It makes my anxiety better when I post on this) i havent done it in 12 years!!! And every night before bed i make myself nervous that maybe something i ate.. Or my period.. Or having two drinks.. Anything that gets my mind going about getting sick!! Im gettiing nervous that im mentally addicted to taking klonopin (physically I dont think I need it) but mentally, right when I start getting anxious i immediately want to take one to make it stop. Ive started to record when i take it.. Now its about every 2-3 days. I hate making myself crazy over this.. help me!!

Hi there, I actually just registered so I could reply. I know exactly what you're going through and I didn't want you to go without replies. This exact thing happens to me and I don't have a brilliant solution. If I'm having a full blown panic attack I just let my body shake..I find after a violent shake my body can relax easier. This of course does not help the v* situation in the slightest but deep breathing and positive thoughts helps a little bit. I usually think of something I like or something that I need to do or plan something out in my head. It's also useful to think of every other time you've felt this way, and nothing has become of it

Recently I've started watching videos or reading something rather than try to distract myself with thoughts because I know my mind can wander to dangerous and triggering things. Just tonight I started a journal of each panic attack etc, just to take my mind off of it. It's actually very soothing. Hope this helps a little. x

Its always before bed for me aswell, no idea why??

I think it's because your brain is quieter then and it's harder to escape the thoughts and paranoia.

I think it stems from the fact that we emets like to think (or actually do) that we have control over our nausea and if we have to v* as long as we're awake. When we sleep we're not aware of the nausea etc etc so that's why we feel anxious about going to sleep. The thing is, if you don't feel ill when you go to bed, it's not very likely that you will feel ill while sleeping. Try watching some tv or a movie or something like that while in bed to distract yourself and kind of "neutralize" being in your bed. That helps for me. Also, i used to sleep with the night light on because i had this thing that i was scared i wold wake up in the middle of the night, having to v* and not be able to make my way out of my room and v* in there because it would like be too dark or something? I'm not sure, but now i have this anxiety-killer thing by turning the lights on. I've stopped now though, i can go to sleep immediately, without watching or reading anything and without the lights on haha! And never once have i been sick. It's all in our heads!