Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Im winning the fight against anxiety

So three months ago i couldnt walk to the end of the street without fear of v*ing in public and was eating probably 500 calories a day if not less. I lost 2 and a bit stone was full of boils, pale and had dark eyes. Go to today and im eating normally im getting out and about and today i visited my workplace to see how i was and ive got a date to return to work. I went and got my nails done today and got on a tram on my own. Im gonna win this fight its been very very hard but in reflection im stronger for it. Anybody who is struggling needs to just take things bit by bit and you will get thru it and the proudness you will feel when you do is priceless. Also dont be scared of asking for help, i had to go on meds to get me thru this, i was scared of the. Side effects and i felt like death for a good few weeks but i stuck with it and it was the best decision i ever made. Also buy the thrive book for emet by rob kelly .... It is fantastic (this is from someone that hates self help books) The first step to getting anywhere is deciding you're no longer willing to stay where you are.

Default Re: Im winning the fight against anxiety

Thats great to hear! Be proud of yourself & keep on keepin on!!!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I pray your successes become bigger and better. I'm very happy for you. You will come out on top

Thank you, im still doing well, been swimming 7 times in eight days and just been going about life the same as i did pre this horrible emet anxiety flare up. Looking to return to work on 17th june which im looking forward to