Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: i think im dying

Oh yea, i forgot about eating LOL

I haven't been eating but I don't really get hungry (or thrist for that matter). I lost about... 8 lbs over the last 2 days, but I think that's water weight from not drinking; I should be able to get that back right?

Please take care of yourself. Also, if you are so dehydrated, that little water you are drinking is probably not even making it to your stomach and getting absorbed sooo fast because your body needs it sooo bad. Keep at it...also, try to eat some "watery" foods, like oranges, watermelon, celery, etc. That will help as well. If you are not better, please go to the doctor at least.

You cant forget about eating. I dropped 37lbs in ten weeks due to not eating and its caused me more harm than good. Your body goes into starvation mode. Ive got help and worked thru my issues and im now eating and gaining a bit of weight. You will only gain weight back if you eat and drink if you dont you will just lose more and make yourself worse

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    oh and i dont want to talk about my suicide things with anybody in person cause that causes them to section me under protective custody or something like that? its not worth it
    Sweetie, that might be the best thing for you at this point. I'm worried that you have lost hope. If you have stopped eating and drinking, whether it be deliberate or because you cannot control it, you will eventually die or cause permanent damage to your body. If your kidneys give out, you will have to be on dialysis for the rest of your life-you do not want that! I don't think you truly appreciate how dire your situation is. I truly believe you need professional medical and mental help to get you through this.
    please reconsider your decision
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I'm gonna try to eat something even if I'm not hungry...

I'm still drinking slowly so hopefully my dehydration goes away soon. I heard that after a certain point, drinking doesn't work so I hope I'm not at that point.

Oh and I really really can't get sectioned... it'll affect the way I feel about myself too much

You're going to need to drink more than a glass of water if you want the dehydration to go away. Who ever said that drinking 40 oz in one day is bad? People NEED to drink more in the summer time to prevent dehydration.

Also, going three days without eating is bad. Starving yourself is never going to solve anything.

Stupid nausea...

I went to the bathroom (#2) and my stomach is now unsettled. I have phenergan but i really dont need nausea issues right now...

my mom is taking me to the hospital when I wake up so I need to go to sleep. She said if I feel too bad during the night that I wake her up and we can go. She seems very worried

Sweetheart, I am a Mama to four amazing kids who are my life. I know where your Mom is at. Not only is she the one who brought you into the world and nurtured you and loved you unconditionally, planning birthday parties and showing the world photo after photo of the best kid in the world, but also teaching you how to fly. A Mom sometimes has to toughen up, (especially when she knows you need help and could die without it). She also knows you as well as you know yourself and her actions/words right now are those of a woman who would lay her life on the line for you to be well again. Your Mom is scared and is desperate to help you. When you get up, go to her and show her the forum, tell her how bad you are, tell her that if she can be patient, read up on emetophobia and support you, then you will work hard at eating and drinking again. And know that if you begin showing that you can eat and drink without help, there'll be nothing to section you for and you can get outpatient help to learn ways of coping. One thing you can be certain of though is that nobody can be expected to help you time and time again (when you refuse to eat or drink) without getting frustrated. You Mom loves you but give her a break and start helping her to help you. Starting by talking to her about your emet and formulating a plan to tackling it together. We're here for you if you need encouragment!. X a
    Last edited by Mamafear; 06-01-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Mama, you're such a beautiful person, I love reading these posts of yours <3
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamafear View Post
    Sweetheart, I am a Mama to four amazing kids who are my life. I know where your Mom is at. Not only is she the one who brought you into the world and nurtured you and loved you unconditionally, planning birthday parties and showing the world photo after photo of the best kid in the world, but also teaching you how to fly. A Mom sometimes has to toughen up, (especially when she knows you need help and could die without it). She also knows you as well as you know yourself and her actions/words right now are those of a woman who would lay her life on the line for you to be well again. Your Mom is scared and is desperate to help you. When you get up, go to her and show her the forum, tell her how bad you are, tell her that if she can be patient, read up on emetophobia and support you, then you will work hard at eating and drinking again. And know that if you begin showing that you can eat and drink without help, there'll be nothing to section you for and you can get outpatient help to learn ways of coping. One thing you can be certain of though is that nobody can be expected to help you time and time again (when you refuse to eat or drink) without getting frustrated. You Mom loves you but give her a break and start helping her to help you. Starting by talking to her about your emet and formulating a plan to tackling it together. We're here for you if you need encouragment!. X a
    this Is perfect and the best advice you're going to get on here, soverysorry. Mama is absolutely right!

I appreciate your kind words Mamafear...

Though you are right, there are a few things that just shouldn't happen... I can't help what my body does. I would show her this but I don't show any similar emotions in person; I'm quiet and soft spoken. Showing her this would kinda... change things.

She doesn't believe that Emetophobia is a real thing; she thinks that a fear is just something stupid. She says that I'm faking the phobia most of the time so I can be lazy

I didn't go to the hospital, but I took a few hydration pack thingies. They were silver fluid packs specifically for rehydration. My stomach is now horrible though. Like, a stomach bug without the vomiting or diarrhea. Bloating and Gas, something I don't usually struggle with, are now plaguing my nausea so it kinda screws me up.

How about logging out so she doesn't know you're a member and can't see your posts, and showing her that emetophobia is a real thing and there are a lot of other people who have it too? If your emet is going to stop you from drinking water when you need to, to the point of dehydration, then you NEED to get help, no questions asked. You need to drink water, and you need to eat properly. If you're not going to go to the hospital, at least keep trying to rehydrate. Dehydration is SO bad for the body. Please show your mum this site, and then work on getting some help. I know some people have probably been a bit harsh with you (myself included) but it's only because we worry when people let the phobia affect them to a life threatening point, y'know?

Actually yea.. I'll do what you said to show her how real this phobia is... I'll show her peoples posts so she truly understand how real it is. I hinted around her about my suicidal temptations, but I think she kinda blocked them out so she wouldn't have to hear them. It just sucks when nobody believes you; it makes you feel trapped. My Psychiatrist is the same way.

My stomach is pretty injured... I think I have to go to the hospital today anyways. I lost 12lbs and I can't eat without suffering strong gas, acid and nausea within minutes of eating... I am getting nauseated after drinking too... I feel better in terms of dehydration, but my gastric system seems to be in shock still. Great, just what I needed: Phenergan

It feels like I have to take 3 pills to feel good for a few hours. I hope my mom doesn't get angry when I bring up the hospital again.

Oh I know! When the ER nurses asks if I have had any suicidal thoughts, I'll just say "kinda?" in a question like way. Maybe that'll like... do just enough? I don't like the idea of killing myself, but I like the idea more than living like this.

You need to get to the hospital, even if it's just so that they can make SURE you're okay. It might be that your body is just taking a while to adjust back. Please do go though. It doesn't matter how your mother feels, you need to be checked out.

Do show her some of our posts. Even show her your own (would she know what your username is?) and say "This is how I feel!" and hopefully she'll get it!

You need to tell the nurses how you're feeling, all of it. Only by being truthful will you be able to get the help you need.

It's weird. The reason why I keep skipping the hospital trips is because I feel fine during the day hours... 10am to 8pm. I feel fine those hours. Then around 10pm, that's when my stomach likes to shut off.

Is it okay if I show her some posts? I won't go into the private area.

Show her whatever you need to if its going to get you the help you need.

Hi I was going to say that j parsons93 try sucking on ice cubes, but you do need to drink all the light dizziness is lack of fluid I get that sometimes I forget to make a drink because I'm never thirsty but I now make sure I have a drink all the time with me it makes you feel 100 times better. I'm on anti depressants, which are slowly starting to work. Dehydration is not nice my friend had it she was so ill and on a drip. But I would tell your doctor, I see my doctor every two weeks he is brilliant he listens and takes his time with me. But do try the ice cubes .

I'm kinda confused?
    OHHHHHHHHH

My dehydration has greatly improved since summer ended