Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i think im dying

my mom said yesterday that im not drinking enough on purpose so i can go to the hospital; that im wanting attention.

she is so wrong but it made me too reluctant to tell her how severe my dehydration is

i cant drink cause i get extremelly nuseous

i am constantly lightheaded and i keep loosing i get confused over everything now

i cant stand up for more than a few seconds before i feel like im gonna fall down

my mind is like in a transiet state of something and i just dont know what to do

for the last 2 weeks i was drinking 40 ounces a day which i know is bad. for the last 3 days i was drinking 12 ounces a day cause my nausea picked up.

Default Re: i think im dying

i dont wanna go to the hospital cause my mom thinks i did this on purpose and i dont know please?

You need help immediately. Your internal organs will start to fail if you do not get sufficient hydration and whether or not you want to go to the hospital becomes a moot point because you will end up in one!
    I don't mean to sound harsh but what does it matter if your mom thinks you're doing this "for attention" or not? People do not intentionally starve/thirst themselves to the point they need to be kon IVs unless something is seriously wrong-physically or mentally. If you are at the point of passing out just from standing up, that is your body telling you that something is wrong and must be dealt with, NOW, not later! Your mom needs to remember that healthy, happy people strive to stay OUT of the hospital, not go to one.
    Please listen to your body and get the help you need!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

you're right but im gonna wait one more day to see what happens

i don't have a way to get to the hospital so ill just hold out another day. i have headaches and i lose track of mind and sometimes my muscles twitch but i think im good for another night until tomorrow. i didnt eat yesterday or today either so i really dont want to go now

I honestly don't want to sound mean, but you have to realize this is NOT okay and this is NOT normal. YOU NEED HELP! 99% of the posts on here I understand and can relate to, but this is just honestly ridiculous.
    I'm a 20 year old college student struggling with emet. Feel free to PM me or add me on facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I love meeting and talking to other emets

but i went through this before and came out okay without drinking
    i think the promethazine and the heat made me suffer from heat exhaustion so i am thinking some of my symptoms are from heat? like the lightheadedness and stuffs said it can be from a lack of heat tolerance

because i'm an emet, my mom thinks i take comfort in hospitals cause i went to the hospital allot last year and the years before it but i hate hospitals cause i always end up seeing somebody puke in one

Are you Daniel?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

daniel? im sorry but im not?

If you are severely dehydrated, u would know. It seems like u have some of the symptoms that come with it. Your best bet would be to go to a doc, ER, hospital... ASAP. No, u shouldnt wait another day. If u dont have a ride, and start feeling worse, Call 911. Obviously something is very wrong. Good luck!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Why dont u want to drink anything? everything makes u nauseas, even water?
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

When I drink something, it settles heavily in my stomach and nauseates me
    i always feel like my stomach is empty when i drink; like when you drink something cold when you're hot and it shocks your stomahc.

Dehydration makes nausea worse. If even the water is too much you could try with some ice chips and so forth, but this needs attention now. Severe dehydration means you can't urinate which is hard on your kidneys, you probaly can't sweat, dizziness nausea, loss of consciousness and sometimes death. If you can fix it yourself then you must start now, if you are too scared or unable to fix it yourself, you need to go to the hospital regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Your threads are disturbing. You have made at least 2 recent threads planning/threatening suicide. Now you are saying you are not drinking and dying. I think you should seek professional help.

Kick emets a....

You think you are dying. If you don't drink you will die!! Have you tried just taking little sips of water? Even if it takes you an hour to sip down a small glass of water, it's better than not drinking at all. Hope you get the help you need.

I am slightly nausueated but im gonna take some promethazine for that right now and im drinking flat semiwarm soda right now. im sipping on it slowly so hopefully it can help
    i dont use th bathroom much anyways so i didnt think of that

i dont mean to make people uncomfortable i just dont know how to sort my thoughts or feelings when im alone or scared

You are not making me uncomfortable but I am worried for you! Taking pills when you're not drinking water and drinking soda instead..no no no..soda does not hydrate you! When I got nauseated over every little thing, I used to get cold water, and take tiny sips. It really helped the nausea and got water in me! Please do something for yourself, either get help by calling 911 and going to the hospital or hydrate yourself. No one here wants to see you ill. You can PM me if you'd like, feel better xx

Please go to the ER for IV therapy.

I told my mom that i should have went to the hospital today and she said "i cant do this hospital thing with you."
    I said I hide my symptoms from you so we wouldn't have to go to the hospital and she said "well if you ate and drink, you wouldn't be sick all the time"

She really doesn't understand... it really makes me wonder what would happen if something bad happens to me, like if she would care oh well

You need water to survive. Please please drink some water or please go to the hospital and get fluids. Your afraid of the N* but your doing exactly the opposite to avoid it and making it worse. I know it's hard but when it comes down to it, would you rather drink a glass of water and get healthy again and (maybe) feel N*, or damage your body and end up in the hospital being as sick as you tried to avoid. Water will not make you V*.

You really don't need any of us to tell you that you need to drink water, even if you don't feel like it. You know that you must, and you probably know that whether you want to go to the hospital or not, you will wind up there anyway if you're severely dehydrated and your body begins to fail you.

Why let it get to that point? Suffer some discomfort and nausea now in drinking the water so you don't have to be EXTREMELY sick and in the hospital at some point anyway.

And your mom, well, maybe it's just a case of crying wolf from the past and other things it sounds like... and she can't really help you if you won't help yourself. So help yourself! Pretty please? And just drink some water and then if you still feel bad and are sick, she might be more understanding. Until you make some effort though, it's going to be tough to get sympathy.

Sorry to be harsh, but dat's the trooth.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

Whether you're doing it on purpose or not, if you're not drinking enough water, you NEED HELP to get some fluids in you. Look up severe dehydration online.
    Seriously, if you have emetophobia, you will probably v* more from not drinking than you will from actually drinking. Plus, you'll also survive if you drink. Your water-drinking-nausea might very well be imaginary, i.e that you're scared and making yourself think that you're nauseous. Either way, suffering through a bit of nausea now is way better than suffering from being dehydrated and in the hospital and god knows how you'll feel then! Make sure you get enough nutrition, it's important!!!

I don't know if you are attention seeking or just in a really really bad place with your emet. You said again in this thread you wonder if your mom would care if you are gone. You need a complete medical evaluation for your physical and mental health issues in my opinion. Please seek help.

Kick emets a....

I agree with Cynna. Even if your mother can't go to the hospital with you, you need to go. Now. If you don't get some form of hydration, you're going to be very sick, and I can assure you, it's going to be much worse than some nausea. Please please seek help.
    Come visit my history blog:

call someone to take u to the hosp. Or CALL 911.

Please go to the er, or call 911 immediately. Your heart can give out from severe dehydration. If your mom gets mad, who cares! She will believe you when the hospital confirms how bad off you are. Seriously, get to the hospital now any way you can, preferably by ambulance as they can start an IV on your way there.

i think i had some heat exhaustion yesterday which made me seem worse than i was.

i'm drinking water now and my muscle twitches are pretty much gone. i'm still getting nauseated from drinking water and my head still hurts, but after seraching more online, vomiting is a symptom of severe dehydration and i wouldn't be able to drink anything from some type of sodium deficiency and i dont want that. the nausea isn't bad enough to make me panic. i was more afraid of my confusion and my sense of depth.

i'm really sorry i really wasnt looking for attention. i was kinda in a panic from the stuffs and i made this in a frenzy so i apologise.

oh and i dont want to talk about my suicide things with anybody in person cause that causes them to section me under protective custody or something like that? its not worth it

Are you eating? When i was really bad a few months ago i wasnt eating really apart from a few slices of bread and some cheese. I felt nauseous all the time and it was worse when i had water. I was barely going to the loo and everytime i stood up i was dizzy. You have to eat and drink because it will make you feel better. Like others have said you need to go to the hospital and also get your mental health checked. Your never ever going to get 100% confirmation you wont v but by not eating and drinking your gonna make your chances of v higher. Your stomach needs fluid and food to do the job its there for. You wouldnt run a car without petrol and your body is the same food and fluid are are its petrol. The more you abstain and keep taking anti emetics the worse you will feel. This phobia is horrible but you have to try and think if you were to v its not going to harm you, yes its unpleasant but so are alot of things in life. Its over in seconds and really there is nothing you can do to 100% prevent it. But you can get help to work thru your issues and fears and learn to live with your emet and not let it rule you. I cant help thinking that you have alot of underlying issues aswell as emet. Please get help its clear you want it from your posts if your mum wont help you then speak to a friend or another family member.

Drinking water sometimes makds me feel nauseated as well. Try munching on ice! That seems to be a mindless way of getting in water without it being to fast and making your tunmy upset. As for your thoughts of suicide and depression I do recommend that you see a psychiatrist. Those symptons can be very well managed once you seek help. Please consider it!