Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I thought these might be useful as most of us are concerned about expiration dates etc. It was on the AOL "welcome" thing w/ the news type things and such. The first part is foods and stuff but there's also make up and cleaning products which is good to know too! Hope this is helpful to someone!

Beverages:

soda, regular. unopened: in glass bottles or cans, 9 mos. from "best by" date. Opened: Doesn't spoil but taste is affected.

Diet soda (or soft drinks in plastic bottles) unopened 3 mos from "best by" date. opened: doesnt' spoil but taste is affected.

Coffee, canned ground: unopened 2 years, opened 1 month refrigerated.

Juice, bottled (apple and cranberry): unopened 8 mos from production date, opened 7-10 days.

Condiments:

Ketchup: unopened: 1 yr. opened 4-6 mos. (after these times color and flavor may be affected but the product is still generally safe to consume.

maple syrup, real or imitation: unopened or opened 1 yr.

soy sauce, bottled: unopened 2 yrs. opened 3 mos.

Sandwich fillings/spreads:

peanutbutter, processed: unopened 2 yrs. opened 6 months, refrigerate after 3 mos.

tuna, canned: unopened, a year from purchase date. opened 3-4 days NOT stored in can.

mayonnaise: unopened, indefinitely. opened: 2-3 mos. from "purchased by" date (after this time color andflavoring may be affected but product is still generally safe to consume.)

Salad Dressings:

salad dressing, bottled: unopened, 12 mos. after "best by" date. opened, 9 mos., refrigerated.

olive oil: unopened/opened: 2 yrs from manufacture date (after this time color and flavoring may be affected but product is genrally still safe to consume)

vinegar. unopened/opened, 42 mos.

Polish and Perfume:

nail polish, unopened/opened 1 yr from manufacture date.

nail polish remover, unopened/opened lasts indefinitely.

perfume, unopened/opened, 1-2 yrs.

Face Cosmetics:

lipstick. unopened/opened 2 years.

mascara, unopened 2 yrs. opened 3-4 mos.

foundation, oil-based: unopened/opened 2 yrs from manufacture date.

foundation, water-based, 3 yrs from date of manufature.

Surface Cleaners:

windex: unopened/opened, 2 yrs.

metal polish: unopened/opened, at least 3 yrs.

wood polish (Pledge): unopened/opened 2 yrs.

Laundry Products:

powdered laundry detergent: unopened, 9 mos to a year. opened, at least 6 mos.
    <
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for posting that!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I had no idea mayo lasted that long, i thought it was only 2 to 3 months after opening! now i feel better!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

that is very helpful, especially as im living in my house alone atm, so icant keep checking the food with my mothers nose, lol.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.