Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Making myself believe i have symptoms..

I had another good night tonight with a couple of drinks.. No big deal! I felt great.. Until it was time fot bed. Then I started to think the amazin "what ifs".. Then i start to feel "naseous" and now i have "heartburn" and im "bloated".. The reason I put it in quotes is bc Im not sure if my anxiety makes my body believe i have these feelings or do I actually have these feelings? Right now Im naseous with indegstion/heart burn... Its tortureous to have this anxiety before bed. All i want to do is sleep but im so nervous of V*.. Are these symptoms actually there or is my body playing tricks on me?? ;(

Default Re: Making myself believe i have symptoms..

Now im convinced i have heart burn.. I took 2 tums like 2 hours ago so I dont know why this is happening. Ive resorted to taking klonopin again... Every 2-3 days I need it. That means my emet is worse than it has ever been. Im so lost in the feelings of this anxiety its so upsetting.

Default Re: Making myself believe i have symptoms..

By a couple of drink I'm assuming alcohol and I wouldn't know how to help you with this because my anxiety and phobia is so strong that I can't drink!

But I do understand where you're coming from with anxiety before going to bed. There are times when my eyes start shutting, but my brains like, "WAKE UP! What are you doing?! You're too anxious to fall asleep!" and I seriously wake up gasping for air like I've just woken up from a nightmare. When nights like that happen to me I usually start reading a book, do a puzzle online, or play games on my cell phone/computer. Maybe these will help you, too!

How did you night/morning end up? Everything okay?

-Victoria