Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default My gall bladder is under attack right now.

Last night I started getting the most severe heartburn I have ever had, nausea, stabbing pain in my right side and right shoulder. I knew immediately what was going on. I wanted to go to the ER so badly, but I waited it out until today and went to my doctor. As soon as he pushed on my gall bladder I started sobbing. I got a urine test and blood work and he sent me immediately to a clinic for a sonogram. The sonogram hurt so bad the whole time the tech pushed it into my stomach. I have been so nauseous but I've been popping Zofran like candy. I'm in so much pain, going on 36 hours now. They said it would be three days until they had my test results, at which point they were going to decide if I need surgery, but I don't think I can deal with this pain for another three days. I've been taking double doses of Zofran and heartburn medicine. I have an interview in nine hours and I don't know how I can perform well in this much pain, but I really want the job, so there's no way I'm going to cancel. I didn't sleep at all last night and I have a feeling I won't be sleeping tonight. Sorry, just needed to rant.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: My gall bladder is under attack right now.

I've been there! The only thing that eased my gallbladder attacks were apple cider vinegar.

It took them a month to figure mine out. What will help ease the pain is if you eat very low-fat foods. Stick to Jello, Chicken Soup, etc. That should help the pain considerably until you can get it out. I'm sorry you're hurting. I remember how bad the pain was!

*hugs* I hope you were able to get some sleep. I hope you feel better soon. A good luck with the job interview!

It took 3 months for them to find mine! The only test that showed it was a hidascan. I never did v during any attacks though. Would they not give you any pain medicine?

HUGS Hope you get the job. Feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Ugh, gallbladder pain SUCKS! Bless your dear heart - hope they find the cause/an answer soon. Yes, try apple cider vinegar. Tastes like crap, works quite well!

Ugh, I'm so sorry! Can you take pain meds or would that not help? I don't know much about gallbladders. I hope you feel so much better! And good luck on your interview