Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Food poisoning from veggies at a deli??? Help! Just ate and feeling scared :(

I just got a veggie sandwich on a bulkie roll from the deli in the student center at my college - I've gotten these kind of sandwiches there many times before. This time I'm really worried though because the deli was about to close (I got there at 2:45 and it closes at 3... I think it opens at 11)

It had tomato, lettuce, peppers, olives, provalone cheese, and mayo. I'm nervous that they could have gone bad sitting there for a few hours, depending on how many people got sandwiches and how cold they keep them in the trays. There aren't very many people around in the summer.

I had d* within like 10 minutes of eating! That might just be because in scared and anxious though! I also feel a little n*.

What do you guys think? Can you get fp* from these kind of things? How fast would it happen?

Default Re: Food poisoning from veggies at a deli??? Help! Just ate and feeling scared :(

Maybe the cheese and mayo, but not the vegetables...I doubt u have food poisoning because it would of taken 2-12 hours to hit you,not as quick as 10 minutes, its probably because your anxious, but i reckon you'll be fine
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Food poisoning from veggies at a deli??? Help! Just ate and feeling scared :(

sounds more ibs-like to me if it hit that quick. the veggies are very safe. the mayo is the only thing i would worry about, but they are required to keep it cold all day.

Actually, leafy vegatables cause the most cases of foodborne illness, contrary to popular belief. However, I do not believe this is your issue, because as others have said, it would've taken a good couple hours or so before you started feeling sick. This seems very IBS related.

I wonder if I do have IBS, or if my anxiety just messes with my stomach :/ I ended up fine through the night though!

Anxiety is a horrible thing, and can do terrible things to your stomach! definitely would not affect you that quickly though

Same thing just happened to me with precut apples I eat all the time and I have IBS. Within minutes I had d* and got panicked. I think you should look into IBS. It really sounds like that's what is going on and it gets progressively worse with anxiety!

If you had diarrhea 10 minutes after eating, it's not from anything you JUST ate because there's no way it digested that quickly.

I know we've all been brainwashed with the two hour rule for keeping food out of the fridge but honestly, unless it's sitting in the blistering sun during a heat wave, food does not go bad THAT quickly. Also, I'm sure the deli follows proper food handling/storage? You've eaten the sandwiches there many times so there's no reason to believe there's anything wrong this time. Don't talk yourself into feeling sick when you're not.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

It sounds like an IBS flare up to me. There are some places that I canNOT eat salads-- sends me straight to the bathroom. My dad is the same way. It's not that the food is bad-- just that your stomach didn't like it at the moment. Hope you're feeling better now!
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne