Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Really Scared I'll Get Sick!

This morning, there was an unpleasant surprise waiting for me on the bus: a pool of v* under the seat in front of me! I was so traumatized that when I got to work, I froze up and burst into tears in front of my secondary supervisor. I could barely concentrate today.

I'm so scared I'll get sick! I keep thinking:
    - What if the germs are on my seat? Are they on my clothes now?
    - Did I step in the pool?
    - Is my purse contaminated?
    - Did this happen recently? Are the germs still in the air? Did I breathe them in?

Obviously, I didn't touch the pool, but the bus driver decided to clean it up herself! She put on some gloves and cleaned it up with paper towels. Disgusting! She kept walking past me as she did that, and while she didn't touch me, I'm worried the germs could have ended up in the air that way (blowing off of her gloves).

I just wanna know if you guys think I'm in danger. What should I do to minimize the risk?
    Last edited by CuteCandy; 06-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Default Re: Really Scared I'll Get Sick!

Oh no that must of been so upsetting for u! A similar thing happened to me on the bus a few weeks ago, i'm not sure if it was v* or what, but there was a pool of white stuff on the floor, and i had like a mini panic attack as well, my breathing went funny, but i never got ill from it.
    But that v* could of been from anything, could of been motion sickness, someone could of been drunk, could be from anything, not all v comes from an sv, i'm sure you'll be fine as long as u wash your hands and keep them away from your face/mouth you should be ok x
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. When I got home, I washed my clothes in bleach and took a shower (although it was a bit brief because there was a thunderstorm in the area). I know that's probably overdoing it, but it was the only I could have felt comfortable.

I've also washed my hands several times since this morning. I never touched the bus seat myself (I never do for this very reason); I'm more worried about my purse and a bag of groceries I was carrying.

I'm also worry about the germs in the air. I've heard you can't get sick that way unless you're next to the person when they v*, which was not the case, but like I said, I don't know when it happened. The bus driver claimed it didn't happen during her shift and that it probably happened last night.

I'm still very nervous, but I'm gonna try to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCandy View Post
    Thank you. When I got home, I washed my clothes in bleach and took a shower (although it was a bit brief because there was a thunderstorm in the area). I know that's probably overdoing it, but it was the only I could have felt comfortable.

I've also washed my hands several times since this morning. I never touched the bus seat myself (I never do for this very reason); I'm more worried about my purse and a bag of groceries I was carrying.

I'm also worry about the germs in the air. I've heard you can't get sick that way unless you're next to the person when they v*, which was not the case, but like I said, I don't know when it happened. The bus driver claimed it didn't happen during her shift and that it probably happened last night.

I'm still very nervous, but I'm gonna try to calm down.

How are you feeling today? U done all the right things like had a shower, bleaching etc i would of done exactly the same

Your groceries will be fine, as long as they were sealed up and weren't opened they'll be ok

It sounds like someone got motion sickness or were drunk. But like i said i'm sure you'll be ok
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll try to out things in perspective for you. You can not get sick from LOOKING at a pool of v*. That's all you did. If it was by the seat in front if you, you weren't even that close to it. I read somewhere that yes the virus is airborne but the risk of catching it via air transmission is very unlikely. Plus, it was on a bus and a lot of people get motion sickness you don't catch a sv* from just looking at v*!!