Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think I have sv please help so scared :(

So yesterday at work I started to feel kinda funny, I didn't feel particularly sick or anything and couldn't place how I felt 'weird' so I tried eating a packet of crisps, I got them down me but didnt enjoy eating them and again couldn't place why... After work I felt really hungry and made a sandwich, I had a few bites and felt REALLY nauseous and couldn't finish it. That's unusual for me since I'm always STARVING after work! I watched a film with a friend then went to bed. Slept solidly until 7.30 am and woke up with very bad D... I went every 5mins or so for an hour then fell back asleep and haven't had d again since I re-woke up... However my stomach has felt funny ALL day, I dragged myself to work still despite my morning but felt horrendously nauseous all day! At one point I starts to feel hungry so tried a few bites of some pasta on my break but it made me feel like I was gonna v the thought of food makes me feel worse! I'm so so scared this is a bug and the v is gonna come along anytime if I was gonna v would it have happened by now?? Scared to go to sleep!!

Default Re: Think I have sv please help so scared :(

well sometimes an sv can just lead to d, wouldnt necessarily make u v. but the fact that uve gone this long without v is a good sign. because usually when u have d the v isnt too far away. maybe u ate something that disagreed with u?

A lot of things can make your stomach upset. Spicy foods, stress, caffeinated drinks, lactose (no you don't have to be intolerant for it to upset your stomach. Lactose is a bit, very little, upsetting for the stomach) or dietary changes among others things. I get d* and a lot of gas when I drink coffee for example, and most of the time I feel n* as well. That your stomach is off doesn't mean you have a sv*. If you were going to v* you would know for sure that you were, there's no mistaking. And if you we're going to v* I'm sure you would have already try t relax and wait for your hunger to come back.

Usually when it's a SV* it will go on for hours and not just one hour. It sounds more like something you ate that didn't agree with you. And I bet the reason why you haven't got your appetite back is because your worrying so much, and thinking your sick. I know when I worry I'm not hungry at all and when I force myself to do so it makes me feel even worse.