Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm in hospital and having a nightmare...

Had an operation today on my urethra... I'm on a ward now and in a bit of pain but otherwise feeling okay. What I'm more worried about is the germs I'm surrounded by. There's doctors talking about gastritis in another patient, there's d* marks in the communal toilet, there's a woman suffering from v*... Etc etc. I myself have felt sick today from meds and the op but not feeling n* now (have been given anti-sickness)... But anyway... This whole situation is freaking me out as I feel like I'm having an emet attack on several fronts - I'm scared of hearing/seeing others be sick, I'm scared of being s* cos of my surgery/drugs, I'm scared of picking up a bug here... It's all just too much.

Would really appreciate some encouragement please x

Default Re: I'm in hospital and having a nightmare...

Aw..It's gonna be okay! U will be out of there before u know it! But while you are still there, are u in your own room? I'm sure u wouldn't pick anything up if you are not surrounded by the sick actual sick people. Sry u have to go through this. Stay strong tho! U can get thru it
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Thank you for your reply! I was in my own room but not anymore just trying to focus on getting better rather than everyone else around me (easier said than done as some people are wailing in pain)... I'm on a post-surgery and gynaecology ward, it's not the cleanest but just sanitising a lot! I'm going to be in here at least another night but trying to take heart in the fact this is the best place for me right now xx

Feel better soon. HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Feel better soon hun. I've been in hospitals before and didn't catch anything from them. stay strong xx

Thank you xxxxx