Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do non emets fine v* worse or d* worse, or both as bad?

I'm sure it says in that poll on emet faq but wouldnt be able to find that no matter how hard i tried and im caught wondering!

Do non emets actually see v* as a deal at all!? or the exact same as having d*? I suppose both of them are illness or can be.

Personally I find none pleasent and I'm emet I used to be waay phobic of d* tho. actually.

Maybe its dependent on the person regardless of if they have emet or not?

Default Re: Do non emets fine v* worse or d* worse, or both as bad?

I am not scared of myself v*, only my kids, for me d* and v* are pretty much on the same scale. V* is gross, but the nausea goes away with it, where with d* it just seems to last and last and last.... My husband hates v*, but doesn't see it as earth shattering. I have friends on both sides, I guess the difference is that none of them see it as a HUGE thing, just a normal occurrence that happens now and then and life goes on, which of course is true! My father doesn't mind v* at all, he finds it really relieving, which is funny to me as he hasn't done it in a really, really long time!

I have never met anyone without a mental disorder who actually liked v. However, to non emets, it's just an unfortunate part of life. I do think most people prefer d though.

I'm terrified of v*, scared of d* but not as scared of it as i'am of v*
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Non-emets hate both because nobody is "ok" with being sick. It feels as awful for them as it does for us. The only difference is they don't freak out like we do and don't worry about it unless and until it actually happens, whereas we worry about it all the time even when we're not sick.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

I know some people who don't care if they v* because it makes them feel better, of course they don't like it but they'd rather v* then continue to feel ill. I know some people who hate it because thet feel like they can't breathe but one friend in particular would still make herself v* if she felt sick.

No one likes v* or d* unless they have some sort of fetish, it's just way worse to emets.

I'm scared of V all the way. Wether it's me, my kids or someone else. I can't even see it on TV. Now D I'm not as scared of but it still scares me because I think about what could have caused it. Now D in myself makes me nauseated so it scares me if I get it.

Both. But v* scares me way more. Right now I have lingering feelings of d* because I had an episode this morning, but I'm not panicking like I would be with n*. Buut when I think it's going to happen I still get panicky/shaky!

I think I'm not a 'true' emet because I'm more scared of D than V...and scared of bad N that lasts a while too, because it's just really draining. I actually prefer to V if I know it will stop the N, like from motion sickness, rather than continue feeling sick for a long time. Also V from non-illness causes like pregnancy or alcohol doesn't bother me nearly as much.
    D, however, really freaks me out and disturbs me, it's just suuuch a disgusting feeling, and I find it really, like, invasive and violating, the crampy feeling just before D immediately sends me into a full-on cold-sweat-shaky panic attack. And it's ten times worse if I'm away from home. I have this horrible fear of being caught out with D somewhere where there is no bathroom, because it's so much more humiliating and horrible than V'ing in public.
    My main phobia though is any form of intestinal illness, where you have both V and D and N, AND you feel horrible overall, fever, weak, achy, etc. When I had noro, the worst of it wasn't even the V or D but how horrible I felt overall, I couldn't stand up without blacking out and my whole body hurt so much I couldn't sleep all night. It was awful. I'm especially terrified of FP, because it can make you so much sicker and last way longer than a SV.

What's D? Diarrhea or death?

Anyway, sounds like diarrhea after I carefully read all your post. lol

As much as I'm a emetophobic, I don't find diarrhea to be that bad. In fact, at times it relieves me and makes me feel good (it's disgusting yes, but the feeling you have is good).

Just as long as diarrhea isn't attached to vomiting I'm fine with it. In fact, nearly all of the diarrhea I had in my life came totally without the vomiting.

Oh speaking of death, I'd rather die than to vomit.