Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Vicodin

Default Vicodin

Hi everyone,
    I'm getting my wisdom teeth out Thursday (with novocain and laughing gas) and they're putting me on vicodin to deal with the pain afterwards. I know vicodin can cause v* and upset stomach - does anyone have any tips on dealing with this? How can I prevent v* and still use it for pain relief?

Also if you have any tips pertaining to wisdom teeth removal it would be appreciated!

Default Re: Vicodin

I know everyone is different, but I have never had any problems whatsoever with Vicodin-- or any pain meds, for that matter. If you are worried, you can always request some Zofran to take along with it to prevent n.
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

I refuse it. It makes me REALLY sick. I'll usually stick with ibruprophine or darvocet. I remember when I got mine pulled be cautious because the medicine they use to knock you out can cause nausea. Last year I had a broken infected tooth from a filling falling out. I had to get it pulled. I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. Then I got dry socket for 2 weeks before they helped me. It was the worst pain ever. If you don't have an antiemetic see if you can get some just in case. Tell them you're really sensitive if you have to.

I realize now that I'm unsure whether they said Vicodin or Valium .....

Vicodin is for pain-- it's an opiate-based pain killer (hydrocodone); Valium is for nerves-- it is in the benzodiazepine class. I would bet they are talking about Vicodin.
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Vicodin is for pain-- it's an opiate-based pain killer (hydrocodone); Valium is for nerves-- it is in the benzodiazepine class. I would bet they are talking about Vicodin.
    You're probably right!