Hi All,
I am here asking for some advice and experiences. I think I told you all that I've been having voice problems for over a year now and had been to ENT's who said my vocal cords are okay. Finally had an upper endoscopy last summer and it showed some reflux esophagitis and a little gastritis. Right away they wanted to put me on Prilosec and I refused...I tried elevating the bed and papaya supplements. My voice came back this spring for a few months but now it's bad again. I also have a sore throat and burning...sooo, back to a different GI doc, who said the only thing to do is take Prilosec, 40mg TWICE a day, for a few months and then have another endoscopy. He said I basically have Barrett's esophagus, which I'm sure some of you know can lead to cancer if not addressed, not always, but sometimes...

So, I am resigning myself to take the Prilosec. My questions are: Does it cause any side effects, like n* or ___? Also, does messing with the acids in your stomach lead to not digesting food properly and/ or not being able to fight off bacteria, etc? And I heard it can cause brittle bones when on it for a long time.

I am just nervous to take this much and have other problems. What experiences have you all had...I guess there are several of you with these issues. Thanks in advance!!!