Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Paranoid... Anxious!

So at work we had a staff meeting and I generally don't eat anything at our meetings because the food is set up buffet style and I'm not into eating food others may have touched, but today they had these amazing cupcakes and I ate 3! 2 during the meeting and 1 leftover a few hours later. I'm anxious because i learned that one of the staff who helped put the cupcakes out had sv just 2 days ago! I'm freaking out of course, and feeling even worse because I ate so much sugar I feel like I could go into a diabetic coma! (They were seriously amazing cupcakes! Mint chocolate, carrot cake, and lemon!)

its been 12 hours since I ate my first cupcakes... I guess I will just count down the hours of impending doom! How I loathe this phobia! My mom was like, "you aren't worried about the sugar content, you're only worried about the germ content?" Sigh. Yes...
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Paranoid... Anxious!

I'm assuming the person who had the SV washed their hands. In that case, you will be safe. Also, the high temperatures needed for the cupcakes to bake would've killed any viruses, if there were any.

Wait, did she bake the cupcakes or just put them out? The chances are extremely low either way, but especially if it was just the person who put out the cupcakes. The chance, first of all, that she had a bm before showering and coming to work is low, the chance that the particles that would be on her hands would still be on her hands at lunchtime (I doubt they would even make it out of her house) are even lower and the chance that those particles would be on the cupcake liner & that you would touch that exact same spot on the liner and then eat them are nil. You are fine! Now I want a cupcake.....

She didnt bake them, she just touched each one as she put them out. It's been 36 hrs since eating them, still counting down and scared! Tonight my tummy is bubbly and gassy and I had an abnormally smelling (like the runs) bm today. It wasn't diarrhea it just smelled like it if that makes sense. Anyway yes, still freaking out! I should be sleeping right now, it's 2am here.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

I wouldn't be too worried about the stomach symptoms. When I get anxious that I've been contaminated by a person with the SV the same thing happens to me and I think, "ok great now I'm getting sick as well!" But it is always my stomach reacting to me being anxious.

I am sure you're going to be ok, huge hugs. I have been there so many times.

Thank you my lovelys! Great news! I avoided sv from that particular gathering, I'm in the clear! Hallelujah!