Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Every night same anxiety!

It seems like every single night now I develop a "stomach ache" and get naseous. Its a constant cycle.. I feel fine all day then when its time for bed my stomach muscules start to tense and then im naseous? I know its my mind playing tricks on me but I cant help but to get anxious and think "well this could be the time I actually V*".. It replays over and over in my head. I hate restoring to klonopin especially when I know deep down its my anxiety and obsession with V*. I just wish there was something else I could do to relax and realize 99.999% chance I wont V* tonight (since I havent in 12 years) ugh im so frustrated with myself... Someone.. Anyone who is awake I am in need of some support. Im so frustrated and mad at myself for letting my anxiety get this bad ugh.

Default Re: Every night same anxiety!

Oh and i have started taking berry flavored tums.. Usually 2. Im pretty sure this makes my stomach feel worse. Its a weird feeling right between my rib cage/my esaphagous area. i cant tell if its really pain or my mind making me think it hurts

Try mint tums...mint is soothing

Same issue here. I don't know what it is but every night I think I'm gonna get it. I've had a good reason this past week but I'm up right now stressing over every sound and every movement. But I also know I haven't eaten a meal since last Friday because of this. I've had a couple of boost nutrition shakes but have mostly only eaten crackers just in case. I had 2 flax muffins these past couple if days and that's the most I've eaten in a sitting.

Hey, I know how you feel. It's not neccessarily all in your head BUT it doesn't mean it's anything to worry about. A lot of people's digestive systems probably feel different in the evening, after a larger meal etc, but they just ignore the different stomach 'sensation'. We emetophobes do not. We over analyse, and sure enough, nausea is the result. We have to learn that sometimes our stomachs do feel different. But it's usually never a bad thing. Try and watch a movie, or read, do yoga before bed etc. something to take your mind off your stomach. You might just be slightly hungry! Take care