Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Does anybody have experience with Chlorpromazine?

My gastro doctor said he would increase the dose of my Phenergan, but he gave me this instead.

I take the antiemetics for the antiemetic properties; this pill has withdrawl effects of nausea and stuff. My doctors always try to play games with me... I'll never trust my doctor again.

I wanted to get off of psychotropic pills, they knew that, but now this? No more.

Schizophrenic or not, don't hide it from me.

Default Re: Does anybody have experience with Chlorpromazine?

So let me get this straight. He said he would raise your Phenergan (anti-emetic) and instead prescribed you Chlorpromazine (I googled it, it is a medication commonly used for schizophrenia) which you did not want, correct? That is disrespectful to what you want, I would recommend speaking with him, he is not respecting your wishes. He cannot force you to take a medication that you do not want.

However, when I looked it up, I also found this. "It is often, particularly in a palliative setting, used in small doses to improve the nausea that opiod-treated cancer patients encounter". So is it possible your doctor is trying to kill two birds with one stone, the schizophrenia, and the nausea? How much is your dosage?

Chlorpromazine works much better than anything else I've ever tried for nausea. Although it can be very addicting. If you feel uncomfortable with your doc you should search for a new one.

Well my doctor and I have a good relationship and I don't have any major Schizophrenic traits... (Delusions, hallucinations)

Even my psychologist said I don't have any decisive traits of schizophrenia...

The problem is, I want to start getting off of Remeron and any other drugs that can cause a withdrawel.

They don't cause a withdrawal unless you stop them, and if you need them to help with your anxiety and want them to help with the nausea, do you have any reason to stop taking them? Maybe your doctor doesn't see this as an issue because he doesn't seem to think you're going to need to stop taking them at this point? What makes you afraid of the withdrawal from the drugs?
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, the Mirtazipine isn't helping my mind... I can't eat anymore and dehydration is always an issue now. I've lost 15lbs in 3 weeks and my mind is slowly losing touch with sanity.

I told my psyck that the Remeron wasn't working and he tried to help me wean off of them, but my dependency was too strong to do that. Skipped one day of a 15mg and my body kinda shot down.

Since this Chlorpromazine is a psychotropic, I think, I don't want anything that can affect my current state of mind... I just want my nausea to go away... I've never had anxiety issues till recently...

If you have emetophobia, then you have anxiety

Okay, I understand where you're coming from now, I was just trying to get an idea of why you're so against it

I'm sorry if I sounded argumental...
    I can't think so I apologize

No, you didn't, it's all good!

Are you meant to take the chlorpromazine every day, or on an as-needed basis? If you aren't taking it every day, it will not be hard to come off. I'm not sure if they told you, but chlorpromazine and promethazine (phenergan) are related. Promethazine was previously used as a mild psych sedative, but that has fallen out of fashion, and it is mainly used now for nausea.

It says 3 times daily... I def won't take it haha