Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, my co worker started feeling ill yesterday after we all ate chinese food....i did not eat the same thing she did...but 2 other people did....she then preceeded to feel worse and worse until she finally V.....she says really bad.....so then she would feel alittle better then feel bad again...i think she only V like once ....she was in the bathroom for about 5 minutes....she said she felt better for a while after that...but then said she felt like she could have D.....so anyway we all left work to go home and when I came in this am my other co worker had talked to her last night sometime and she had been V non stop with D........so she is not here today at work.....now...my question is....how much of a chance do i have of catching this......i am sort of freaking out here...i did not go into the bathroom after she was sick..i just held it till i got home.....and i purelled my workstation this am......we all thought she was pregnant b/c she is 53 days late.....but all tests come back neg....and plus she is having bad D with this....so i do think it's a sv....which has been going around here lately....i just hope and pray it is not going to get me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts?????
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hmm--sounds like the Chinese food may have not agreed with her. I know I have gotten sick soon after eating Chinese in the past (I didn't *v* but felt really nauseous all day). It may not have necessarily been food poisoning either, but that her stomach just couldn't tolerate something in the food. Did you guys ride together to the restaurant? Anyway, I hope she is feeling better. It sounds like you have done your proper sanitization procedures, so try not to worry. Has anyone else at work been sick with similar symptoms?

Jess

No, someone picked the food up and we ate it here at work.....she was sick all night long and still this am.....she was here with us behind the teller line eating....right beside me in fact....and then later she sat between me and another girl for a little while....it's so damn scary though.....i am in a panic mode....no one else has been sick here......yet........i am not going to be able to eat alot today i am afraid...and i was starving when i got here...but now that panic has set in i doubt i will eat much.....gosh i hate this s***.......but i am glad i have you all to talk about it with....thanks.......K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, if no one else has been sick, I say, it's simply a case of indigestion. I would not worry too much about it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Perhaps sh has allergies or an ulcer or soemthing and so the Chinese food made her ill?
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

Unfortunetly I think she does have a sv.....as bad as i don't want to believe it....that's what it sounds like to me.....but hopefully they say it only lasts 24 hrs....so i can almost bet she will be back at work tomm...it takes alot for her to stay out of work...K
    Kate

To meand it looks like to PhilB, it sounds like the Chinese food she ate did not agree with her or her portion was infected with some bacteria, so she has food poisoning. Why do you think it is a stomach virus?

Quote Originally Posted by kate1966
    Unfortunetly I think she does have a sv.....as bad as i don't want to believe it....that's what it sounds like to me.....but hopefully they say it only lasts 24 hrs....so i can almost bet she will be back at work tomm...it takes alot for her to stay out of work...K

Oh, I see, it's because the other two people did not get sick. Well, it is true that the same thing can affect people differently. When I had IBS very bad, I used to become nauseated and have cramps from food that everyone else felt fine after eating. Chinese can be some greasy food, depending upon what you order and what restaurant it comes from.

Or, if she does have a stomach virus, you should be o.k. because you didn't go into the bathroom after her or anything, and she is out of work today.

Hmmm, I would say maybe a food allergy??...But, to me...it could also sound like a sv. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Sounds like you kept up with sanitation, so you should be fine there. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Well, my co worker is back at work today and she seems to be fine now...it was a 24 hour thing....and the reason i do believe it to be a sv is b/c she had the D with it and ran a fever.....she is normally not a sickly person at all....she doesn't have ibs or anything like that....as bad as i was hoping she was just pregnant....and she still may be...i really think it was a sv.......so of course i am really nervous today and couldn't eat much lunch at all...just picked at it....and i feel as though i have a lump in my throat...so anyway just a little up date....K
    Kate

Well, don't let yourself worry about it. And don't jump to conclusions about it being a sv. I think that even reactions to food can cause fevers. I know that I cannot eat at a lot of chinese places because I have a bad reaction to MSG, which causes me to have a fever and get diarrhea. I am glad she's feeling better, though.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks Shiva....I am trying to just let it go now....but it's hard as you well know. She seems to be fine now...she ate lunch and was fine. No D or anything....so I guess she is ok now...thank goodness....thanks for all the advice...and hopefully it will stay from the rest of us here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K
    Kate

See all of this is a BIG reason why I won't eat at resturants I haven't eaten at before. LoL...I'm sure you will be fine it seems like she's the only one who got it.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yeah me too...i always get nervous about eating out...especially Chinese...but they have always been wonderful there and the food is usually awesome...but with me I have IBS/D severely so I am always running to the bathroom with explosive D..after eating chinese or really anything it usually doens't matter what it is...so i guess with someone with no ibs...or any stomach problems it would just plain make them sick....so if she did have a sv...then there is nothing i can do but pray it won't get me next......K
    Kate