Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriend broke up with me.... Worst panic attack I've ever had....

My boyfriend of 9 months just broke up with me because someone told him they saw me with another guy. We just recently got engaged and I don;t know how to handle this. He was my everything. The only person that knew about my emetophobia and the only person that could ever comfort me. I'm shaking so bad and I'm extremely N* i don't know what to do I feel like my life just ended. I can't calm down and I can't breathe

Default Re: Boyfriend broke up with me.... Worst panic attack I've ever had....

Well, I'm assuming that you were not actually with another guy, correct? Give him some time to calm down and then try talking to him again. He may just be so upset right now that he cannot listen to reason. I am sorry that you're feeling so bad, but it is not the end of the world and all hope is not lost. Give him some time to cool off and then give him a call.
    M I D N I G H T

I agree with stay strong. Give him some time to cool off and then initiate another conversation with him. The engagement may be a bit overwhelming to him and he's not behaving rationally-we all know what thats like! It does concern me that he's willing to believe some random rumor, instead of his wife to be but give him a little time and space and hopefully you two can work this out. In the meantime, were all here for you.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I agree with the other two above me - he may just be overwhelmed and acting irrationally, give him some space to process what he heard and then he'll be more open to hearing what you have to say. Don't crowd him or call him, I would maybe send him just one quick message or phone call that once he calms down you'd like to talk, and leave it at that for a few days. He'll probably come around.

having said that, if it ends up that he CAN'T talk to you about this issue after you've given him some time, would you really want to be marrying someone who can't communicate or talk things through? That's an essential part of a relationship.

It will work out the way its supposed to in the end - these are all "tests" couples must pass to reach the next step, how he reacts to this is a great indicator of things to come. I really do hope he is willing to listen!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

How are things going now hun?
    M I D N I G H T

Hey everyone. My internet has been out for days. Gotta love living in the sticks right? Everything got worked out. After a few nights of crying my eyes out lol. I saw him last night and everything was fine. We were all cuddly and lovey dovey like usual. He even asked me to marry him again Thank you all so much. You are all cyberly invited to our wedding! Ohh lord... I'm going to be such a panic attacked mess!