Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default May try hypnotherapy...

I found an outstanding hypnotherapist that is in my area, and I'm going to contact her soon about treatment. I love the thought of not being as emetophobic as I am now (or not being emetophobic at all) but it's also a bit frightening. Because I have emetophobia now, the thought of not caring if I get sick is frightening, but I know it won't be if I kick this phobia. If that makes any sense.

Has anyone had any experiences with hypnotherapy to treat emetophobia?

Default Re: May try hypnotherapy...

Please post how it goes for you, have been wondering about trying that. I really hope it works for you.

It didn't work for me in the long term, but that doesn't mean it'll be the same for you. It might be just what you need
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I tried hypnotherapy and it was the major turning point in my recovery. I literally went from being scared to leave my house to not freaking out when I came down with a stomach bug a few months after. I had 3 sessions, but it's different for everyone. Let us know how it works for you!

You may find these links helpful!

My friend had it done for her emet and it worked but only for a short period of time!

I apologize for not responding, I wasn't notified that you guys had posted! Thank you for all of the responses! I will definitely let you know how it goes if I try it.