Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What does your panic attack feel like - signs and symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    jptk, I would try different things...like is it better if you sip water, or have a mint, or something hot, or is it better if you lie down, or distract yourself. Are you gagging because you feel nauseous? Maybe there is a pressure point for gag reflex...you could look it up. Keep trying and hang in there!!
    Hey, sometimes it's because I feel nauseous from the panic, other times it seems to happen without feeling any nausea. I can handle it if I am at home, but when I am at work or have to leave my apartment for any reason is where i really don't know how to handle it. My doc put me on xanax which is helping, although I get panic attacks multiple times a day now so it's likely I will have to increase my dose as I don't get complete relief from the panic. It just takes a bit of the edge off. I know they are addictive and not intended for long term use but until I find a permanent solution I don't think I can function without them :s
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Default Re: What does your panic attack feel like - signs and symptoms

I get a horrible rising feeling of fear and nauseousness and if I don't calm myself down, I pass through stages and they all add up:
    Rising fear and nauseaousness
    Sweating under my neck, on my back, on my feet and cheeks
    Shaking
    Warm feeling on cheeks
    Hyperventilation
    Bug out (aka lying in the same position and block my mind out*)

*My bug out is when my brain decides it's time for my body to sleep due to the amount of adreniline flooding through my body

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.