Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A Mixture of a Mess!!!!

First off, yes I've been posting a lot thanks to my son and husband getting SV last week and still have it. So I've been a wreck from that. Just to add to the mix I had my period which ended yesterday. Plus I quit smoking yesterday. So today it been period and smoke free 2 days!!!! Geeze it's a battle. Well it's night and if course I know most of us don't feel well at night and that's where I'm at. I'm tired and I know I need to sleep but my emet is keeping me up. I started to get n* a little while ago. Now it feels like period cramps and a little spotting. So I'm n*, cramped and going crazy because I want to smoke. I tried to snack on some zucchini chips but they made me feel worse. I took a zofran but it didnt help. Took anxiety pills and no help. I want a cigarette and maybe that's my problem. I dunno. I hate bed time.

Default Re: A Mixture of a Mess!!!!

Don't worry about posting too much! Post as much as you need to. I would say the fact that you quit smoking is definitely what is making you feel this way. Especially if, like me, you turn to cigarettes during times of anxiety in an attempt to calm yourself. Your body is used to having that and is probably trying to adjust to your healthier choice. I commend you for quitting though. Only a smoker knows how hard it is to quit. Just relax and find comfort in knowing that you aren't sick. Your body is trying to accommodate your new healthy lifestyle. Give it some time, and try to stay calm. If anything, not smoking will decrease your chances of actually getting sick more.

Today has been a nightmare. I'd say its been the worst since I quit. I woke up so angry. Started to get queasy. So angry, nauseated and then a headache. I've locked myself in my room twice today. My head hurts so bad from trying to sleep. I keep getting scared that I'm sick but I know today I want a cigarette more than any other day.

I know it's hard knowing that a SV was in your house recently. As long as you cleaned thoroughly and keep your hands away from your face! I think you will be fine though. As far as smoking, you are stronger than I am. I wish I had the strength to quit like you and stick with it! Maybe try taking a bubble bath and drinking a coke. Carbonated drinks seem to help me a little. I hope that you get some relief tonight. Feel free to vent if you need to. *hugs!

If I didnt tell anyone I was trying to quit I'd just go buy me another pack. But my husband knows and my dad who doesn't care either way and my aunt who I know deep down has total doubt in me. I bought a new box of patches so tomorrow will be a new day. My other ones were expired so they didnt stick to my skin the whole day. Usually you stick it on and you feel the tingling if the nicotine going in. But with the old ones it was very faint. I hope it helps because today was such a nightmare.

Ok so I smoked a cigar cigarette that the guy at the smoke shop suggested. Nausea is back. Could that have been it. The cigar cigarette. I don't plan on continuing them. But I feel horrible. I'm so scared right now. I took a zofran but it's not helping. And I'm not at all tired because I spent the whole day in bed or else I'd go to sleep.

Yeah the cigar probably caused it. I think they are stronger than cigarettes. Have you thought about trying those electric cigarettes? I have a friend who quit using one. The only time I've taken Zofran was in the hospital after I had my baby. Phenergan is what I usually take. It makes me sleepy as heck. It sucks that all of those good anti nausea meds are prescription only. I keep emetrol in the cabinet. Only the mint kind though, the cherry tastes horrible. Are you feeling better today?