Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Drinking???

Cool Drinking???

I've had emet since I can remember. When I was 10, I promised myself the summer after high school, I was going to do something crazy! Something that makes me feel like I'm living my life on the edge! Something... Like... Well, having a beer with friends. Yes yes, I know, I'm underage. But I just want to have one "Normal" teenage experience. My friends are going out to the lake next weekend and they want me to go. Which I never do. But I want to this time. I know there will be drinking, and I'm going to try to have a beer. I've heard they taste awful, but hey, gotta happen someday I guess. Do you think it will be ok? I'm so scared something bad will happen. That even a beer will make me sick...

Default Re: Drinking???

I also forgot to add, my boyfriend will be there. He knows about my emet and is my "safe place" He always calms me down and makes me forget about my emet.

Beer is disgusting!! Lol But unless you are on any medication that says DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL, one beer will not make you sick.
    M I D N I G H T

Thank you! Lol that's what everyone tells me. *sigh* I'm excited though I get a real teenage experience! *Hugs*

I'm sure you will be fine like staystrong said you won't get unwell from one beer
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unless you're allergic to alcohol. Many Asians are.

I have never had a beer.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beer imo can be very gross. Beer from a keg is awful. Make sure the beer is very cold. Just my opinion though. Beer has gluten I believe.
    Last edited by Cynna; 06-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Kick emets a....

I love beer!! Just make sure you get a decent brand! Have fun

I personally can't drink beer anymore as gluten triggers off really bad IBS,(don't let that comment worry you as it wasn't sudden reaction change).

Anyway one beer wont hurt. I follow this guideline that helps me get less worried of that dreaded reaction of drinking to much alcohol.

Your body takes one hour to process 'one unit' of alcohol. (The time for your liver to break down the ethanol into it's compounds and then to be expelled completely from the body.) One bottle of beer contains about 1.2 to 3 units depending on size.

I try to work out how many units I drink and that way I try to not drink more than 2 every hour and a half. That way the alcohol doesn't build up in your body and bloodstream. This then can help you avoid hangovers and feeling ill from drinking. Downside you won't get drunk, but it does allow you to enjoy the morning after a lot more.

Hope that info helped Just have fun, take it steady and enjoy yourself! It a good experience having your first drink, just be prepared beer is a taste that takes time to get used too :P
    Last edited by Amesuki; 06-23-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Ok, let me just say, you guys on here are so wonderful. Thank you for not judging me for underage drinking. I'm vegan, so I have to watch with beer it is, I told them and they're getting Corona(which is vegan) I'm so excited! Everyone was very helpful thank you