Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Chat now banner

Default Chat now banner

I'm viewing the site on my iPhone and there's a huge "chat now" banner across the bottom of every screen, how do I get rid of it please? It's really annoying as its in the way and when I'm typing, like now, I can't even see what I'm typing as when half my screen is taken up with a keyboard pretty much the rest of it is covered up with the chat now thing! Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Chat now banner

I have that as well when i go on this site on my phone, i have a samsung galaxy S2 and it is really annoying, i have no idea how to get rid of it either!
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have it too on my iPad. I hate it because it appears about halfway down each and every page so many times I can't even read much of the first post in a thread because this chat now banner blocks a lot of what is written.
    I can't figure out how to hide it or minimize it
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too. I have to add that I'm loving this mobile view. My messages are also going through quicker too!

Thanks for the replies, it's so annoying isn't it? However I agree that having a mobile version is great it'd just be greater without the chat now thing!

It does that to me too. Can't we just turn it off somehow?
    Life is so worth living.

Am I the only one who is unable to use the new chat? I always have the 'chat now' box on my screen with a number after it, which I thought was the number of members currently logged into the chat room. However, every time i go into the chat room, there arent any users in the main emet chatroom.
    The chat room used to be a pretty decent place to pop in
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Just wanted to chime in and say, "Me, too!" The chat banner is driving me crazy for all of the same reasons. It's taking up 1/2 my screen and makes it super hard to reply to posts. Half the time, it is on the way of the buttons I need to be pressing, so it takes me to the chat screen accidentally. I'm on an iPhone, if that makes any difference.
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne