Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Hi, I'm new here. I have severe Emetophobia

I have had emetophobia for 8 years now and it basically controls my life. I am underweight and I don't ever do anything with friends, nor do I have many friends to begin with. I don't know why or how it started. I just think I was born with it.

When someone, ahem, throws up, I start shaking, my stomach twists in knots, I sweat, and I try to get away from that person as soon as possible to avoid catching their illness.

A scary thing that happened to me in the store the other day:
    I was walking down an aisle looking for something when I smelled something gross. I noticed a big box of watermelons nearby and assumed one of them was rotting. When I looked into the box, someone had t.u. in the box! I started shaking and I was so mad at myself for looking into the box. I can still picture it in my head..

If anyone ever wants to talk, I know exactly what your going through. God Bless.

Default Re: Hi, I'm new here. I have severe Emetophobia

Hi there I know how u feel I'm underweight to as fear of eating anything in case I get food poisoning!!! I hardly go out if I do I constantly think is someone gonna be ill am I goin to catch something everyday Is an emotional struggle. If ever want to chat