Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I have a fridge/freezer combo for one of my freezers. We do have another bigger freezer, but I'm not concerned about it. I am afraid because, a little while ago, when I opened up the small freezer, which is connected to the refrigerator, it did not seem cold enough in there. Well, I opened up a container of ice cream to find out... and it was all soft and a little liquid-like, even though it was still a little solid. So, something is either wrong with the freezing machine itself...

Or... I discovered that the thing that keeps the door stuck to the main freezing thing was not sticking properly and the freezer door was slightly open.

Could it maybe have been that the cold air was not being circulated properly or something since the door was slightly open (but still near the freezer part)for some amount of time?

Anyways, if it is a problem with the machine that makes it cold in there, I'm afraid the same thing happened with the fridge, since they are connected. When I checked, the drinks and food still felt cold in there.

Since I had previously eaten some Jell-O pudding (the kind that has to be refrigerated)from the fridge before I found out that the ice cream in the freezer part was melted, I'm afraid I'll get sick if it had not have been working all that time. The pudding felt cold when I ate it.

I also smelled the milk just awhile ago, after I took a quick shower, after I threw out the ice cream and stuff, and it did not smell bad or anything. Hopefully, it was just the freezer.

I can hear the fridge and freezer working now and I can feel it.

Anyways, should I avoid the fridge too? My mother will probably have to eat yogurt from there for lunch and I'm afraid she'll get sick.

I am feeling okay right now. I feel something in my stomach, but it does not feel like nausea. I'm afraid I'll get sick though.

I don't think you need to worry really, if your milk smells fine then that should be a sign that every thing is ok cuz milk is going to be thing that goes bad first. And if your pudding felt cold when you ate it then it sounds like the fridge is ok.

I've drunk milk that's been stood outside the firdge for about an hour without realising (stupid i know!!!) and i was fine.

Hope you feel better about it soon

love jo xxx
    .:.Lily White Skin.:.
    *~*Blood Red Lips*~*

What you're feeling is no doubtjust anxiety[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I get the same thing when I worry about something I've eaten. Don't worry.

If the drinks and pudding were cold, then I'd say they didn't have the chance to heat up - maybe your freezer just went off for 5 minutes or something, then came back on - it happens. You'll be FINE! ^_^

I definitely think you will be fine. A few weeks back my fridge took a crap on me, so I just recently went through this same pattern of thinking. Looking back, I wasted a lot of time worrying about nothing because none of us ever got sick. Try to clean your fridge coils before going out to get a new one because sometimes it's just a matter of them being dirty, I guess. Anyway... The whole week mine was out, I still ate my yogurt. And mine was so uncold that my cheddar cheese went kinda soft I was fine.
    \"This too shall pass\"