Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm new and I'm struggling

I stumbled across this when I was looking for ways of dealing with the panic attacks I'm having at the moment. My sister came home from her school feeling really unwell and feels as though she may be sick. I'm stressing out because we have a big family where if one person gets sick the rest of us seem to, and I'm known to become sympathetically sick so now that I know she's sick herself I've started feeling unwell. Also, I could stay at my boyfriends until it passes but he plays soccer and works which means there are times when I would have to come home, he's also leaving for Borneo on Thursday so the last thing I want to do is make him sick if by any chance I've already gotten what my sister has.

I guess I just need some support and help of how to get through it, I honestly thought I was one of the only people who felt this way until I saw this website and I realise that my fears and panic attacks are shared by others, which is comforting.

Default Re: I'm new and I'm struggling

Just take extra precautions.. Wash your hands a lot and try to keep your distancr from your sister. Get a lot of sleep also to help ur immune system.. I know how you feel about getting sick Ive been struggiling my entire life w this phobia and I too didnt realize others felt the way I do. Which is comforting.. I hope ur feeling good! Try not to worry (easier said than done I know but had to say it)