Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Travelling in 2 hours and I have travel s* :/

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted here. But I have been doing OK recently and sort of forgot about this site. (How could I?!)

Anyways, I'm going to Whitby in 2 hours time and I will be on the coach for at least 3 and a half hours. I always start feeling nauseous if I'm on a bus over an hour, so I'm feeling scared.. It's SO annoying because I actually feel really nauseous now for no reason, and I have a stomach ache.. I'm supposed to be thinking about how AWESOME the day is going to be, but my stupid brain is just worrying about how nauseous I'm feeling right now and if I might v* on the coach..

Sorry for my language but, screw you emetophobia!

Is there anything I can do or take before I go? I do have some anti-sickness tablets but I don't think they work.. My poor sister took one and happened to v* RIGHT next to me last time we were on a coach, so you can imagine how panicky I was feeling at that time.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Travelling in 2 hours and I have travel s* :/

I'm probably too late, so I hope your trip went well! I'm also traveling today. I usually take a dramamine or meclazine (motion sickness medicine, not sure what it's called in the UK) even if I'm not anxious and even though I don't get motion sickness. That way I know for sure I have nothing to worry about and they double as anti-emetics. Even if I do get anxiety, I know it's all good! If I think I'll get nervous I'll take an anti-anxiety medication just to cover my ass.

As far as the motion sickness pills not working, they have to get into the system first. If she took it and then got sick it didn't have time to absorb. Usually they want you to take them 30m before doing whatever (sailing, driving, etc.)

Have a great trip! I hope it's an anxiety free as possible!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Travelling in 2 hours and I have travel s* :/

Thank you asianeko! My day went very well. I was anxiety and nauseous free on the coach which was great. I took some anti-sickness tablets two hours before going and coming back and was completely fine. I was just worrying all for nothing, again!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"