Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnancy and C section

Hey everyone. I have not been on here in months but tonight I am having a panic attack. I am currently pregnant with child number 2 and recently found out he might have a hole in his heart. For some reason I am assuming they are going to make me have a c section or I will just need one. But I am soo absolutely horrified to v* because of it. I had my daughter normally. Can anyone give me any reassurance or help??

Default Re: Pregnancy and C section

I had a C section with my son. Never felt a twinge of nausea. The next day, I felt a little off...probably because I didn't sleep for 48 hours, but they gave me Zofran and problem solved within minutes! I thought you were more likely to V* with natural birth as a result of pain. That's just what I've heard. You won't be able to feel anything with the epidural so I doubt you will have n* or v*. Plus it's really fast compared to most natural births.

Actually, I think they say you are more likely to feel sick during a vaginal birth, rather than c-sections. Anyway, I have had two c-sections. Both were amazing. With my second, I made sure to tell the doctors I was afraid of feeling sick at any point. And right after the baby came out, the put some awesome stuff in my IV, plus antiemets I felt wonderful! Sorry about your baby Im sure everything will turn out fine!!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

i agree totally with what valen said above. I have had 3 c sections and one vaginal birth and i felt fine having my c sections i made the doctors aware also that i was afraid of being sick and they did the same thing as soon as baby came out they put anti sickness drugs in the iv, all was fine never felt sick at all not even after. The best thing to do is be honest and make the doctors aware what you are afraid of they should be understanding and accomadate you. I hope all goes well for you and your baby will be ok much love

I have had 3 c-sections the first was an emergency and I was already nauseated, but the other 2 I my obgyn that I was an emet and she gave me an anti-emetic before I went in to have my c-sections both times. I am sure you will be fine but if you are nervous just ask for an anti-emetic it will help. Good luck with your new baby boy. At least with the c-section you will know when you go to have him and maybe even be able to choose what day you have the c-section like I did. It's cool to be able to choose the birth date.

HUGS. Do whatever the recommend for baby. I am sure they will not want baby stressed if there is a heart issue. There are high resolution heart ultrasounds they can do to see what is going on. HUGS AND PRAYERS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Thanks so much everyone. I appreciate you making me feel better about it. With my daughter I felt n* pretty much the entire time until I got my epidural. I'm not sure if they will make me get a c section or not. Like any emet im scared about the possible v* parts. I have heard some horror stories. I have an appointment coming up to see what is going on. Apparently this is something that can fix itself or might not even need to be fixed. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

I had two c-sections and not even a hint of nausea. Pain is another story. Good luck and best wishes whatever you and your family decide to do. *hugs*

I had 2 csections and never felt s* or v* either time and actually I had to drink a very small cup of this stuff and it didn't taste bad but they told me it was to prevent me from v* because they don't want you doing that while they are doing a csections on you. Good luck!! You will do great!

I totally understand your fear. I had a C-section last year and I was terrified. Not because of the C-section itself, but because I was afraid I would v from it. I told my nurse my fear and she said the anesthesiologist will be right there beside you, let her know if you even start to feel bad and she'll put something in your IV. I started to feel a tiny bit dizzy, so I told her immediately and she put something in my IV. I felt better immediately. I didn't feel n at all the rest of the time. I felt fine, actually. I was hungry that night, but just ate bland stuff like crackers just in case. It was nowhere near as bad as I imagined it!

Oh and please ignore the horror stories. I didn't experience anything like the ones I read.