Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared about going OFF BC pills??

So I'm a teenager, been on BC for a year and a half (NOT for pregnancy, I'm a virgin lol). When I got on BC, I had terrible side effects including severe n* and even dry heaving. Well eventually it went away, but I got even more emotional effects, such as my anxiety skyrocketing, mood swings. I think its time to get off them, I have 5 more pills in the last pack.
    I'm scared if there are any side effects such as n* or anything like that. I just hope getting off will lessen my anxiety because i wasnt a severe emet before.
    Anyone have any experiences with coming off??

Default Re: Scared about going OFF BC pills??

I was on some for almost a year. I had to stop them because they increased my periods. Never had side effects on them, and never had any while getting off them. I just stopped taking them in the middle of a pack, and told my doctor why. Never got on any again, but will be doing it ASAP. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing anything weird while getting off them. They are not a drug, lol. I'm sure u will just feel better, if anything xx
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I was on them for about 2 years when I was a teen and never experienced any symptoms when I stopped. You'll be fine hun!

Everyone's different, but I can't imagine getting sick from quitting something that gave you nausea in the first place. You'll probably feel much better emotionally and physically. (I quit BC years ago and had no issues at all).

Thank you everyone Been off for one day, and one day to becoming healthier! Seriously though, BC really messes you up.