Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help with acid reflux

Yesterday and today, I am having very bad acid indigestion nausea pains. I'm crying because it hurts so much and I'm so scared I might barf. It's late where I am and I want to get sleep because I did not get any sleep last night from stomach pains. Please help with ways to relieve acidic feeling in stomach ASAP

Default Re: Help with acid reflux

Try ginger pills or drinking ginger ale.. It always helps my stomach calm down. Or maybe some pepto will do the trick. Hope ur feeling better

I find Gaviscon very helpful. It neutralizes the acid, and helps keep the reflux down. Chewing gum is also helpful. I read that because you produce more saliva when chewing gum, the ph of the saliva helps neutralize the acid. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Prop yourself up on a couple of pillows when you're trying to sleep. My sister has had severe reflux her whole life, and she says that now she can't sleep with less than two or three pillows.