Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sunburn!

Default Sunburn!

OUCH!
    I don't usually get sunburned, but I don't go outside enough to see how my body reacts to it.

IT HURTS! I went to a beach called Hampton Beach in NH and I was ignoring the sun. Mistake. My back is hot, my arms are killing my and my knees are rare.

I'm okay with pain, but I have a slight nausea with it and I'm wondering if it is due to sunburn. I'm a little dizzy along with my nausea, but then again, I honestly didn't drink much at the beach at all. I have to go to sleep so I'm taking my usual Phenergan + Ranitidine + Mirtazipine so that should help stomach upset, but i've already took 75-90mg of Promethazine today. I MUST take a promethazine before sleep, just a little nervous going aboe 100mg in 24 hours. \\\

Any tips on pain management for sunburn? Won't Phenergan stop "sun poisoning?" How about the itch?

Default Re: Sunburn!

You are probably dizzy from dehydration. If you spent an extended period of time in the sun and were not properly hydrated, you can easily get dehydrated especially if you normally do not spend time outside. Your best bet is to load up on the water or a Gatorade to restore lost electrolytes from sweating in the sun. Sun poisoning and heat stroke are serious conditions, heat stroke usually requires medical attention. Luckily that doesn't sound anything like what you are describing.
    Your best bet is to buy some aloe Vera gel to help take the sting out of your skin and drink lots of water. Oh, and wear loose, drapey clothes so it doesn't chafe your skin.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

What jmoore10 said! I had bad sunburn a couple weeks ago from the beach and I also felt nauseous and dizzy. And I kept getting cold chills, it was awful! Just keep hydrated!

Oh yeah. A sunburn can cause you to feel drained in every way. But u wont get sick from it. Get some Aloe and sleep with light clothes on. Sunburns suck! But you will be tan in a few days
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Yeah, that's sun stroke. Drink lots of water, and put aloe vera on your skin. Other than that, all you can do is wait for it to pass. I think you should be better from the dizziness and nausea by tomorrow. Get some sleep!
    M I D N I G H T