Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Longest streak?

Default Longest streak?

I'm just curious to see what everyone's longest v*-free streak has been. Mine's INCREDIBLY short, only less than a year, so not very exciting on my part haha

Default Re: Longest streak?

im currently on my longest streak, 7 years and almost 6 months. fingers crossed for another 7 years haha
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

I am on 18 or 19 years, not actually sure of the exact dates or anything. I was 6 or 7 when I last vomited and I am coming up to 25
    this year.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

13-14 years ago. Thank God!

I have not vomited in 37 years. I do not even have the longest streak on IES. And I am in another emet group with a man who has been puke-free since June 12, 1935.

You can see a page of streaks on my web site: http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/streaks.html

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

13 years! Although this streak was broken when I stupidly downed a bunch of Southern Comfort with chocolate pudding in college. Ick! Haven't touched a drop of alcohol since then (2006).

My grandpa hasn't done "it" since 1973, so I think he's got me beat. Dad did it once in 1987.

I've been sick with SV twice since the Southern Comfort incident and v'd another time for an unknown reason. Seems to be getting more common in the past 5 years or so

25 years for me!

15 yrs And hopefully more free yrs to come!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Actual vomiting - 22 years. Heaving though, because of SV (I was pretty much vomiting, but nothing was coming up, it was awful) - 6 years.

Vomiting - 22 years now. Heaving, about 2 and a half. I had some impressive control over that stomach bug!

Just passed the 19 year mark....I've put myself at risk time and time again during those 19 years as well. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been horrendously drunk, eaten dodgy or "unsafe" food, travelled and whatnot. I might as well continue doing it anyway. I pay less attention to streaks now...they're more of a novelty thing for me. Heaving is much less - just 2.5 years.

16 & a half years for me, & I`m curious as to how long I can go without vting. It`ll be interesting finding out.

April 1990 - December 2004 was my best streak. So far it's been since December 2004.

3 years sadly :'(

For me, it's not that long I think about when I was 8 or 9, until fall of 2013, when I let my friend drink my water. What a terrible mistake! I didn't know she had been sick two days before, and that night, I felt nauseous and I got sick. So my streak is around 5 years, since I'm 14 now.

My longest streak is probably 5 years by my count, and it was as an adolescent. As for my current streak...Less than two weeks...it was hell, don't ask.

2 years...... and the anniversary was three weeks ago.... ;_; Then again I'm pretty young so it kinda makes sense...

In two weeks it will have been 48 years - August 17, 1965 - Niagara Falls, Ontario.

12 years was my longest streak. Right now I am at 6 years v free.

5 years right now, and it's my longest so far. i'm 24 years old. would have been longer had it not been for an allergic reaction but now i know and don't eat that food anymore AND being a vegetarian seems like i get way less food poisoning so... *crosses fingers* :/

WOW about some of the ones above that are so long.

8 years

it was 34 years ago, until last year when i caught a sv, i puked my little heart out

I am very suspicious of this kind of stuff haha... but currently in longest, about 6.5 years. Before that was around 4.5 years. V* plenty of times before the 4.5 years streak,which was July & August 2002 (from heat stroke BOTH TIMES, cuz I was dumb), until January 2007, when the sv* was rampant in my community, to the point where it made the news like days before I got sick. **KNOCK WOOD**