Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm slowly winning :D

So far, today's been full of little victories in my struggle to combat emet. I've been back in counselling over the last few weeks and starting to make some progress. Today I was watching scrubs, one of the characters had an sv. Now normally, I'd instantly flick the channel over but this time I though "I'm done running" so watched the whole episode. Point one to me. I've just had lunch with a bag of crisps, normally I'd crunch them up and just shovel them into my mouth to avoid touching them with my fingers. I was just about to crunch them up then I thought "hang on, I'm on a roll today. I'm gonna make this a day of fighting back" so I bit the bullet and used my fingers and ate them normally again. I'm seeing my counsellor at 3 so this should make for some positive progress. I'm still way off from getting a sense of normality but days like this really boost my spirits. Stay strong people

Default Re: I'm slowly winning :D

... go u!

Well done that's soo good I'm thinking counselling maybe a good route for me to try sounds like it's working for you

Thanks I'm getting there. Still have other phobias and issues that need sorting but hopefully, I'll pull through

Definitely embrace your progress. You had the courage to take some risks and succeeded at taking some control back!

Yeah it's little victories like that which add up to a healthy recovery. Started eating with my hands again, obviously I still have days when I don't but I know I can do it. I've got about a month until my next counselling session so hopefully I'll be ok until then